• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15 Gallon Heavy Duty SS Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brulosopher

Reaction score
Purchased about 2 months ago, used for 2 batches, has large face thermometer and stainless steel ball valve. Shipping is a beast, so I'll cover than for the cost:

$210 OBO

Cheers :mug:

kettle.jpg

yeah, sorry, might have to pass....I'm really looking for something with a sight and ball valve to make my life a little easier. good luck!

mcaple1 said:
yeah, sorry, might have to pass....I'm really looking for something with a sight and ball valve to make my life a little easier. good luck!

No worries! I actually made a dipstick for this kettle that I very accurate, which I'll send if you change your mind.

Yeah....the dipstick method "works" for my 15 gal kettle too....I'm looking for something a little for "user-friendly".

This would make a nice HLT for my 10 gallon setup. If this is still available on Thursday, payday, I will take it. Few questions, where was this sourced from? Link? Is the fitting and thermo welded in our weldless? Does this have a sandwiched bottom? Could I remove the thermometer and add a thermo-probe?

noremorse1 said:
This would make a nice HLT for my 10 gallon setup. If this is still available on Thursday, payday, I will take it. Few questions, where was this sourced from? Link? Is the fitting and thermo welded in our weldless? Does this have a sandwiched bottom? Could I remove the thermometer and add a thermo-probe?

Sounds good! Answers to questions:

Re: sourced - Not really sure what you're asking, but I bought it from homebrewstuff ($220 + $35 shipping = $255); let me know if that didn't answer your question :)

Re: sandwiched bottom - it's heavy duty, so yeah

Re: thermo-probe - I'm pretty sure you could; the valve and thermometer are both weldless and 1/2". If that's your plan, I'll keep the thermometer and sell the pot for $195!

Cheers!!

Sounds good! Answers to questions:

Re: sourced - Not really sure what you're asking, but I bought it from homebrewstuff ($220 + $35 shipping = $255); let me know if that didn't answer your question :)

Re: sandwiched bottom - it's heavy duty, so yeah

Re: thermo-probe - I'm pretty sure you could; the valve and thermometer are both weldless and 1/2". If that's your plan, I'll keep the thermometer and sell the pot for $195!

Cheers!!

OK! 195 it is without thermometer. Like I said, if it isn't gone by Thursday, I will take it. How do you want to do payment?

noremorse1 said:
OK! 195 it is without thermometer. Like I said, if it isn't gone by Thursday, I will take it. How do you want to do payment?

Great! I won't be able to get It to UPS until Sat morning, so no worries... we'll just call it good and I won't sell it to anyone ;) Let's do PayPal: [email protected]

Let me know I you'd prefer something else.

noremorse1 said:
Sounds good. I will get a hold of you in a few days to setup payment stuff.

Cool. Use the email I gave you from here on out- I check it more often.

Great you all worked out a good deal but please be careful posting your account stuff. It's much safer using your pm messaging for that. You can always edited your post to remove it.

Bigbeavk said:
Great you all worked out a good deal but please be careful posting your account stuff. It's much safer using your pm messaging for that. You can always edited your post to remove it.

Great point... I couldn't figure out how to donor from my iPhone :/

Back