PicoBrew Pico users - Page 37 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > PicoBrew Pico users

Old Today, 02:29 PM   #361
jrb03
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikan11 View Post
Yep. I honestly never even considered dry hopping at day 3 as the manual says. But I does beg the question who wrote this manual? I'm a hobby homebrewer and I knew enough to disregard this advice right away. You would think with professional brewmasters on staff this wouldn't get out the door in this form
Totally agree, when I first went through the process I thought you want me to pitch this whole packet of yeast in this little keg? I look at it this way, the promotional videos promise some beers are ready in a week. Everything is geared around fast turnaround, and I admit I got duped a little myself. But thankfully for me quick turnaround was not one of the reasons I bought the Pico as real world experience is proving that there is not much time savings with the Pico to get excellent beer. To give their brewmaster Annie credit, she is very open and admits to all this, unofficially. If you email support they will stick to what's in the manual. It's pretty clear she didn't have any input in the manual and she has stated she is pushing for changes and creating some instructional videos. I can see why they are hesitant to put things like "pitch less than half the pack of yeast" in the manual, with smaller yeast packets coming soon you don't want to cause confusion with different versions of manuals out there. But there has to be a way to communicate with us early adopters in the mean time.

Old Today, 03:13 PM   #362
VagueSkunk
Recipes 

Oct 2016
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Agreed, and facebook aint it. They have forums on their site, but there is no link to it, and it seems to be geared mainly towards the Zymatic.

Old Today, 04:00 PM   #363
jrb03
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagueSkunk View Post
Agreed, and facebook aint it. They have forums on their site, but there is no link to it, and it seems to be geared mainly towards the Zymatic.
Correct, you have to have a zymatic or kegsmarts linked to your account for the forum link to show up. Trust me your not missing anything there, the forums are dead.