New England June 2015 Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyirishman34

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The order is OPEN

This buy is open to everyone and the pickup location will be in Everett, Ma right off Rt 93

See the signup sheet here. The sheet is open
1. Need 128 sacks to order. Additional pallets can be added if there is demand for them in increments of 42 Sacks.

2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received. This will most likely be a Saturday morning (10am-12pm) following arrival of shipment. Volunteers would be appreciated to help sort and split grain s about an hour prior to pickup depending on the size of the order. All orders will be sorted prior to any being released.

3. We are only going to order one type of Pale Malt and one Type of 2 Row malt. They will be CM-2ROW and CM-PALE. If you add any other type of Pale or 2 Row malt it will be changed to CM-PALE or CM-2ROW. For the folks that want organic I am going to add GW-O2RP. Also I would rather just have one MOPA ordered if you could only order TF-MOPA that would be great.

4.The pricing on the spreadsheet is an approximation but will be close to actual.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$8)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$8)

To see the catalog, go
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uZZ5bzSJBW3iRlynvNhMh6GzzxPoHvxuvPZDnKBH5l4/edit?usp=sharing

Pricing (Use 2000#+ pricing)
Pricing on the spread sheet is an estimate. Plan for $8 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

The pricing on this sheet has carried over from the last group buy and some may not be accurate. It would also be helpful if someone would verify the price per Lb and sack weight is accurate. Please let me know about any corrections needed and I will take care of it.

Cleaning Chemicals carry an additional HAZMAT surcharge and this cost will be spread out over all the chemical purchases. The first order entered on the sheet will see this entire charge added but as more chemical purchases are added it will automatically be adjusted.

I'd like a bag of Rauchmalt (beechwood smoked). I see BZ-SMOK on the CMG website and price list, but not on the spreadsheet. Can you add it? Thanks!

Sweet, was just thinking last night I haven't pissed my wife off in a while. This'll do. Thanks Donovan for starting yet another buy.

Awesome. I'm getting the grain shakes.

Can we add BD-HPET as well? I'm in for a bag with my order.

FYI the sheet is view only.

I've never done a group buy but am interested. Do you have a ballpark idea of when this order will be placed and when pickup will be?

Usually at least a couple months until delivery, but depends how many people participate and how 'needy' they are :)

As Aslander said I think that it normally takes 2 months but there are times when folks really jump in and it fills in a week or 2. Collections normally takes 2 weeks.

We can order the BD stuff sure.

Just added a few more splits if anyone wants to fill the remainder. (CM-WHET, GB-HONY, BZ-CRPL). Thanks again gentlemen for putting this together.

I updated a couple full bag rows on the main sheet, hopefully did it correctly. I changed TF-WHET to TF-TWHT as I could not find TF-WHET in County's online catalog. I also see another WHET on the sheet from CM up higher for those looking for WHET.

I'll keep thinking about what else I want and watch the splits.

Thanks guys.

Does everyone know something I don't? There are four pilsner malts on the list - CM-SPIL, BZ-PILS, FB-PILS and GB-PILS. Everyone but me is ordering BZ-PILS or FB-PILS, which are both more expensive than CM-SPIL. Is there a reason? Can people tell the difference?

I'm probably going to jump in on this again, but I could use a mule to Connecticut.

I think the first post needs to be updated. The link to the catalog is missing. The link underneath where it says catalog actually goes to the order sheet.

Also, the pick up is listed as being Saturday morning between 10 am and 12 pm. Is the pick up really going to be Saturday or is it going to be on Sunday again?

Thanks for all you do.

WSTBrewing

It says "most likely it will be on a Saturday between 10a and 12a". The pick up day is set by what most of the group find to work best for them. So just like we don't know exactly when the buy will end we don't know if it will be on a Sat or Sun. We even had a pick up on a Tuesday once.

Zinc, I may take you up on that... Ive been in on the last three group buys. My saturday mornings are free and Sunday mornings are busy. The last two changed to sunday and were not so easy. The same pickup would work for me. Thanks.

Just saw this thread, I'm in. Thanks for setting this up Donovan!

Thanks for setting this up. I'd also like to get 2 sacks of flaked wheat GP-FLWHT if you can add it to the sheet.

Someone has already messed up the spreadsheet. I fixed things up, but everyone PLEASE DO NOT OVERWRITE ANY FORMULAS! Enter your name in the top in place of NewBuyerXX, then add your order in the cells below, but leave any cells that have formulas alone!

Maybe we should collect cell #s for everyone, so when we fill the order I could send out a text to try and expedite that process. Thoughts?

I wouldn't want people to post them on a public spreadsheet, but they could potentially PM them to me if you guys think it makes sense.

It might work better than me sending out PMs to every person like previous times

Maybe we should collect cell #s for everyone, so when we fill the order I could send out a text to try and expedite that process. Thoughts?

I wouldn't want people to post them on a public spreadsheet, but they could potentially PM them to me if you guys think it makes sense.

It might work better than me sending out PMs to every person like previous times

I think that is a fantastic idea, would certainly make it easier to track down people when the order is filled. Maybe lock the order spreadsheet and pm'ing a phone number gets you the password to enter your order?

First off, thanks for doing this. I've spent that past two days searching for a group buy or a means to get bags at a reasonable price.

I put in for 5 bags if you could just verify they showed up that would be awesome. I have a bunch of co-workers who brew as well that I will touch bases with next week to see if they want in. I'm sure i'll get a few more bags from them.

Back