Mid Hudson Valley, CT Round#11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
This buy is OPEN

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (Wappingers, NY).
3. Paypal will be used. you must send payment as a "personal payment" so no fees are assessed. if you send the payment incorrectly and i have to pay fees, you will be responsible for reimbursing me.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me, there will be an additional fee for any payment other than paypal. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to a retail location Wappingers, NY open 7 days a week for easy pickup.

I will expect participants to work together and figure out a plan to mule sacks for their region. This worked out well last time. in the past we were able to get sacks as far east as Hartford, CT and as far west as Pennsylvania.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.

Pricing should be similar to past buys:
Best Malts (Vienna, Munich, Pilsner, Wheat) ~$49
Great Western (2row, Pale, etc) $35-40
Briess - Varies
Maris Otter / Golden Promise ~$55-56
others available.

TOTAL SACKS: 26

B42N: 1x BZ-PILS, 1xTF-MOPA, 1xGW-2ROW (3 SACKS)
K47K: 1xTF-PERL, 1xBZ-WHET, 1xBZ-PILS, 1xBZ-VIEN, 1xRICEHULLS (4 SACKS)
DLAMB: 1xTF-MOPA, 1xGW-2ROW, 1xGW-NW2P (3 SACKS)
BRAD88: 3xGW-2ROW, 1xBZ-WHEA (4 SACKS)
STINKYFINGER: 2xTF-MOPA (2 SACKS)
HILONP: 1xGW-2ROW, 1xGWNW2P (2 SACKS)
LENNY2884: 1xBZ-PILS, 1xGW-2ROW (2 SACKS)
GWBOCCA: 1xGW-NW2P, 1xBZ-PILS, BZ-MUNH(3 SACKS)
TDEMO85: 1xGW-NW2P, 1xGW-2ROW (2 SACKS)

DW, I'll split that bag of Munich with you.

^
Cancel that. Didn't realize how far away you were. Sorry.

Last edited:
DW, go ahead and throw that on your order. I'll be as flexible as I can once we figure out pickup date. I'm only about 10 minutes away from the location.

2 sacks for me: 1 GW 2 row, 1 Maris Otter - cancel this, I thought it was a bit closer

17 sacks to go, tell your friends / brew buddies so we can get this one closed out.

I'm new to the HV area. Wondering about pricing/availability of the following.

Briess organic 2-row &. C60
Briess blackprinz

Thanks.
-tim

Welcome to the area shipwreck. check out www.hvhomebrewers.com we have meeting coming up 2nd weds of june. the facebook has reminders as well.

Prices vary for different reasons, but here is a ballpark:
Breiss organic 2 row: $50
Breiss C60: ~$52
Breiss Black Prinz: ~$57

I'm conditionally in on for three sacks - two sacks of two row and one of pilsner. Is anyone else in CT who wants to arrange to carpool our grain? I can probably do the next one but it's very unlikely I'll be able to make it up this order.

This buy is still open. Ill give it another week and then scrap it / try again at a later date.

If too much time has past and you wish to cancel your order please let me know.

Even with the 2 drop outs I think we still have 21 sacks (half the order). Maybe sending out an email to the group would help?

Some folks may have forgotten it is still going on.

IM currently working on setting something up with another supplier who may deal with less than full pallet. hope to have some more information today.

Ok, looks like we can do a partial pallet order with a different vendor. The shipping is the same up to 42 sacks so this will add a few $ per sack. We will also be using BSG so different maltsters:

Weyermann
Rahr
Crisp
Muntons
Breiss
Patagonia
Chateau
Simpsons Golden Promise

INSTRUCTIONS: email me at joshadmin at optonline dot net
confirm what you want (note the new maltsters) if you have any pricing or product questions let me know. We will be paying the vendor directly via credit card. we will all need to callin with payment prior to them placing the order. once everyone responds we can move forward.

TOTAL SACKS CONFIRMED: 31

HIKERDAVE: 2xRahr Pale 2xWY-Pils (4 Sacks) CONFIRMED
ERIC: 1xMunich, 1xPils, 1xMO (3 Sacks) CONFIRMED
B42N: 1x WY-PILS, 1xCR-MO, 1xBR-2ROW (3 SACKS) CONFIRMED
K47K: 1xdark Mun 1xMO, 1xWht, 2xPILS, 1xVIEN, 1xRICEHULLS (7 SACKS) CONFIRMED
DLAMB: 1xTF-1xMOPA, 1xGW-2ROW, 1xGW-NW2P (3 SACKS) CONFIRMED
BRAD88: 3xrahr-2row, 1xrahr-WHEA (4 SACKS) CONFIRMED

HILONP: 1xRahr-2ROW, 1xrahr pale, 1xWy-Pils (3 SACKS) CONFIRMED
LENNY2884: 1xWY-PILS, 1xRahr-2ROW (2 SACKS) CONFIRMED

TDEMO85: 1xRahr-pale, 1xRahr-2ROW (2 SACKS) CONFIRMED

This buy is now CLOSED.

i spoke with the supplier and we should see grain sometime next week. ill keep everyone posted on pickup / payment details.

Grain will be ready for pickup on Monday 6/28. you all should have received and email from me with instructions, if not, shoot me an email and ill get you the details.

probably not until January unless there is sufficient interest (need 42 sacks). i personally have enough from last go around.

I'll be interested in the next round too. i am starting to run low now and will be buying single bags until the next group buy.

Is it close enough to January yet?
I'd be interested in 4 or maybe 5 sacks very soon.
Fall-winter brewing is causing me to run low faster than I expected!

Back