Spiced Pumpkininny Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquidsandwich

Reaction score
I just got all the stuff for Cap'n Jewbeard's Spiced Pumpkininny Ale. I'm not sure if I want to carmalize the pumpkin or not. Everyone on here says to do it, the home brew shop guy says he doesn't know if he would spend the extra time, for the little extra flavor. Any thoughts? I'll prob do it Sat. or Sun. I just bottled my third brew a cherry wheat tonight. It tasted kinda light, I hope it gets a little better in the bottle!!! Oh by the way I was bottling while drinking a Dark Horse, Crooked tree IPA a buddy recomended. NICE!!! Now I want to try the double IPA, 13% ABV... that will get you poop pooed, and should tast good!:drunk:

I carmalized mine while I was heating up my water. It took about 20 minutes at 400º and then I added it with the extract. It has a very nice flavor. I used to much cloves though. I made my own recipe and I think that the pumpkin pie profile is perfect, not too strong not too light.

could you post a link for the capt'ns punkin ale please

i've been trying to find a few to see which i wanna do

thanx in advance

Thanks death for posting that for Brewinfool! there are two other recipies, one AG and another extract, which looks simmilar but has maple syrup in it.

right on

thanx guys

gonna get to brewin next weekend

i think i'm gonna do 2 batches right off the bat

we PIGGED up 4 cases of DFH punkin ale last year

so, 2 kegs will go QUICK!!!!

SO glad brewing season is upon us :mug: :D :ban:

Back