What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just brewed a octoberfest( ale style, can’t do lagering) and just kegged a brown ale( LHBS Receipe) called Luckys.

I have a light, malty beer in the fermentor. 60% Munich malt, 30% 2 Row and 10% wheat. Hopped lightly with Calypso (never tried these) and fermented cool with WY1007. Damn, that yeast is a workhorse! It's about 7 days in and I expect to be sampling the beer by Wednesday.

Started brewing in small batches in February, really digging it. Gives me much variety. Currently fermenting.

I’ve got:
1G of my first Ginger Ale
1G of an Apple Cider
1.5G of Northern Brewers Caribou Slobber
1.5G of a Mosiac Smash
1G of Northern Brewers Smashing Pumpkin Ale

Staggered dates, I’m actually overdue to carbonate my ginger ale and cider. Got a little too aggressive with supporting some local breweries.

Since I live in L.A. and live in an apartment I am a 1 gallon brewer. Our LHBS is considered a non-essential business. The owner has been very accommodating by letting brewers E-mail in orders to be picked up. Last order I ordered grains and yeast for 5 different beers. I neglected to tell him to package grains separately. Instead he dumped everything into 1 bag. (My bad, not his.) I saw this as an opportunity, not a problem. Thoroughly mixed grains and made 5 beers with different yeast and hop combinations. Can't wait to taste the results!

5 gallons of Heady Topper and 5 gallons of Zombie Dust. Can’t wait to get these kegged up.
162A802F-07D3-4B6E-9DB3-942C8A61C740.jpeg

Right now, I have a NB "John Q. Marblehead lager" (my first lager) working & it is in the cold crash / lagering stage. I was able to get my wine refrigerator down to 36 degrees (F). I will lager it until about the middle of May, when I will then bottle it.

FV 1 - Schwarzbier: Pilsner, Munich, Carafa III, Chocolate Wheat. WL 830 on day 9

FV 2 - Double NEIPA: 2row, chit malt, malted oats, honey malt. Cashmere, Amarillo, Citra, and Sabro hops. Imperial A24 Dryhop. Day 3

Both beers will be close transferred to fermentation purged kegs. Planning on natural carbing them both.

As my altbier and mead are almost finishing their fermentations I added a 2.5 gallon batch of Munich Dunkel and a 1 gallon batch of apple cider to the fermentation closet. Had to have the blow off tube hooked up to the cider it started very vigorous. It is also my first ferment to give that lovely fart smell I have been warned about :p

As my altbier and mead are almost finishing their fermentations I added a 2.5 gallon batch of Munich Dunkel and a 1 gallon batch of apple cider to the fermentation closet. Had to have the blow off tube hooked up to the cider it started very vigorous. It is also my first ferment to give that lovely fart smell I have been warned about :p

You had me at Altbier, but you hooked me at dunkel. I'll even bring my own mug! :cask:

Carboy: Blonde Ale
5-gallon: IPA with el dorado and Citra and then Ella at flameout. Will be bottling this, this weekend.
AC35DDEA-02C0-4AAF-ABA4-18C0876C2F33.jpeg

Two hearted clone that is going to be kegged in 48 hours (This is my staple IPA...non NEIPA anyways)

Black Butte Porter clone....this will be kegged next weekend.

5 gallons of NEIPA, first round of dry hops added today (2oz mosiac and 1oz citra). The last dry hop addition will be added 2-3 days before I keg it.

A Belgian wit, and damn has brewing with Wyeast 3944 sucked this time. Insane blowoff for 7 days and along with the great bready smell in my basement is insane sulfur. I’ve not had that issue with this yeast before but a google search says its common and I need to let it ride in the primary till it’s gone in 3-4 weeks. Yeesh!

Just changed the blowoff bucket water out for the 3rd time and if it didn’t have Starsan in it, it looks and smells like a nice low ABV wit itself! Carboy has about 1+ gal of headspace.

Best bitter... 92% Golden Promise and 8% Crystal 40. Fuggle, EKG, and Styrian Goldings. Open fermenting with Wyeast 1469. Pitched yesterday and already taking off. It should be ready for cask conditioning in about a week.

Attachments

• krausen.jpg
    krausen.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Extra Pale Ale, aiming for 7.38% ABV, 75 IBU
With Newport, Centenial and Norther Brewer.
Split batch adding wild cherry bark, lemongrass, peppermint, hibiscus, orange peel, rosehips and lemon verbena.

My first ever mead. 3 gallons. Should clock in around 14% ABV.

I'll separate each gallon out for a secondary with three different fruit versions. Crossing my fingers!

FV1: Spelt Lager w/ French Triskel
FV2: Saison w/ Allagash yeast, will be transferred to secondary to age with Brett
FV3: Kettle Sour, will get a POG blend
FV4: IPA with some “experimental yeast”
FV5: Hoppy Wheat with NZ hops

Back