Does liquid line length matter with commercial kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcsuck

Reaction score
I want to have a commercial keg in my keezer and was wondering if the length of the liquid line is as important for dispensing these kegs as it is for dispensing homebrew since the commercial kegs come carbonated and the CO2 is mainly used to just push the liquid as opposed to carbonating the keg. Anyone have experience with this?

Yes it does matter. It is not a function of the kegs being already carbonated... just think about it, if I brought my keg of homebrew that I carbonated at home and brought it over to your kegerator, would the line length not matter? It is an issue of line resistance/turbulence that causes the C02 to rapidly come out of solution and foam. So yes, a balanced system is always important.

The Co2 doesn't just push the beer, it also maintains carbonation. If you don't match the carbonation levels in the beer with the correct psi from the co2 bottle(and temp) you will gets lots of foaming and problems. What beer is it?

Ya I figured it was just as important, just wanted to make sure. Its a Yazoo Pale Ale. I see you're from TN so you probably know what that is.

I toured the old place right before they moved then the new place a few months back, it's like night and day. Thanks for the responses.

Back