New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bahamas_pint_sm.jpg

Can we get the story behind this shot, please?
Where and what?

Certainly! The shot was taken in 2015, looking north from the deck of the villa we rented at the south end of Ten Bay on the island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas. We have the same Ten Bay villa reserved for the last half of the coming March.

The beer represented the revelation of actually finding an excellent beer on an "Out Island" in the Bahamas. It was an Island Pirate IPA from their brewery in Nassau. It was the first time I found a good beer on any Out Island - ever. Usually I switch to rum for the duration because it's so cheap (gold label 2 liter bottles for $14!) versus the $3-$3.50 for a bottle/$18-20 for a sixer of Sands/Kalick/Corona.

--------------------

fwiw, over the last 20 years the Spousal Unit and I have been spending two weeks in the Caribbean at the tail end of our winter, hitting islands from The Abacos as far south as St Maarten. Our favorite islands are the Bahamas Out Islands (aka "Family Islands") because they are so undeveloped - pretty much the opposite of Nassau and Grand Bahama and the American and British Virgins.

So there are plenty of beaches one can have to themselves for an entire day, lots of places to fish without seeing anyone else, the residents are warm, friendly and happy to welcome visitors, and rates for villas and jeeps are relatively modest.

Of the Out Islands, our favorite is Eleuthera, mostly because it's the longest at ~120 miles and offers the most beaches, flats fishing and old plantation and township ruins to visit of the lot. We've done Cat Island twice, Long Island twice, Exuma twice, Crooked once, and this next trip will be our third to Eleuthera. Love them all.

Sadly, while the Bahamas were spared, places we've stayed in the Virgins - villas, and even a historic inn -
are literally gone now as the result of the hurricanes this year, so we may be doing the Out Islands for a few years before the Virgins recover and rebuild...

Cheers! :mug:

[edit] Speaking of Tortola, this shot was taken in 2016 from a villa just over the ridge line above Road Town.
iirc, that's a Magic Hat Electric Peel that I stumbled into in a package store.

tortola_beer.jpg

That villa was erased by Irma :(

Certainly! The shot was taken in 2015, looking north from the deck of the villa we rented at the south end of Ten Bay on the island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas. We have the same Ten Bay villa reserved for the last half of the coming March.

The beer represented the revelation of actually finding an excellent beer on an "Out Island" in the Bahamas. It was an Island Pirate IPA from their brewery in Nassau. It was the first time I found a good beer on any Out Island - ever. Usually I switch to rum for the duration because it's so cheap (gold label 2 liter bottles for $14!) versus the $3-$3.50 for a bottle/$18-20 for a sixer of Sands/Kalick/Corona.

--------------------

fwiw, over the last 20 years the Spousal Unit and I have been spending two weeks in the Caribbean at the tail end of our winter, hitting islands from The Abacos as far south as St Maarten. Our favorite islands are the Bahamas Out Islands (aka "Family Islands") because they are so undeveloped - pretty much the opposite of Nassau and Grand Bahama and the American and British Virgins.

So there are plenty of beaches one can have to themselves for an entire day, lots of places to fish without seeing anyone else, the residents are warm, friendly and happy to welcome visitors, and rates for villas and jeeps are relatively modest.

Of the Out Islands, our favorite is Eleuthera, mostly because it's the longest at ~120 miles and offers the most beaches, flats fishing and old plantation and township ruins to visit of the lot. We've done Cat Island twice, Long Island twice, Exuma twice, Crooked once, and this next trip will be our third to Eleuthera. Love them all.

Great post. Thank you.

Kitchen Sink Beer, made with left over ingredients. German Pilsner, a little Munich and about 3 pounds of quick oats that were left over from Hurricane Irma. Because honestly, when am I gonna eat 3lbs of oatmeal?

oatmeal.jpg

Here are a few pictures I've accumulated over the years. I'm going to try to start taking pictures more regularly in the future!
- First is a Rye Porter that has become a house brew and is a crowd favorite.
- Second is one of my first Marzen's. I have the same recipe on tap right now, but I've never been able to get a better picture.
- Third is a NEIPA with Azacca, Citra, and Simcoe. I'm going to brew a second iteration of it next weekend.
- Fourth is a Czech Pilsner that I'm planning on rebrewing again in about a month.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

On tap-
NEIPA w/ Columbus and Citra.

And.

Hoppy Blonde Ale w Citra, Topaz, Mosaic.

Attachments

• BDB45AD4-8846-404A-A0AA-FD82A1408FB0.jpeg
    BDB45AD4-8846-404A-A0AA-FD82A1408FB0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 177
  • D74F2C39-F306-44AB-ADDF-44298166775A.jpeg
    D74F2C39-F306-44AB-ADDF-44298166775A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 171
20171228_133445.jpg
This is my first batch ever, apart from a Mr beer kit I brewed with my dad back in 1993. It's an AG BIAB Belgian saison brewed in late October and bottled on 11/5. My wife loves it, and the three guys at my LHBS liked it despite not being fans of the style, and had zero feedback for improvement. Beginners luck I guess!! Anyway I've brewed 5 batches since then with varying degrees of success. I love this hobby!

Edit: it's clearer than it looks, the glass was frosty!

Last edited:
Back