keg prime then bottle prime combo thingy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stibone

Reaction score
So ok thinking of bottling and reducing sediment.. is it possible to prime in a keg wait for carbanation and then bottle from the tap leaving the sediment behind. then add just a small amount of sugar to recarbonate what is lost when filling bottles . I'm thinking this should leave just a small amount of sediment in the bottle and hopefully stay nice and bubbly ..
What say the beer sages?

You're over-complicating the process. Simply carbonate fully in the keg and then use either the Blichmann Beer Gun, counter-pressure filler, or one of the boowie bottler assemblies to bottle from keg/tap... DONE... I've done this with several batches with solid results. Just be sure to follow the directions with the item you select. Personally, I have the Blichmann an the Boowie items. I'm finding that I like the Blichmann much better since it's easier to use, setup, and gives me solid results. Plus, when you stop pulling the trigger on the Beer Gun, it stops delivering brew. :rockin:

Back