What did I forget?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

je5450

Reaction score
So I've been homebrewing for a few years and decided to get into kegging and am working on a keezer project. I just got a bunch of stuff in the mail and I realized I don't know how the heck to connect the regulator to the CO2 tank. I've seen lots of pictures with the regulator attached directly and thought I'd be getting something like that, but mine clearly need some kind of adapter. My question is, what is that adapter called? It's proving challenging to buy something when I don't know what the heck to call it :) Pictures of my CO2 tank and regulator attached, just in case I'm missing something.

001.jpg

002.jpg

It appears somebody sold you a secondary regulator. You can get the the proper connector and replace that flared fitting you have there. OR, if you bought it new, send it back for a primary regulator (the only difference being that connector). EDIT: On my photo, the connector is called an "Inlet Nipple." By the way... getting that inlet nipple on tight will be a PITA, so I suggest you send it back.

2011-10-26 20.22.03.jpg

You can get the the proper connector and replace that flared fitting you have there. OR, if you bought it new, send it back for a primary regulator (the only difference being that connector).

Actually there is a big difference between primary and secondary regulators. A secondary will not take the input pressure directly from the tank. If that is a primary regulator the piece you need is a cga320 connector. However if it is a secondary you need a primary regulator.

Regulators should have some markings on them to help you identify what you have.

I stand corrected... I just did a quick research on that and you are right! I am thinking he got secondaries because of the flare nut for one and the mounting brackets. So, that even more reinforces my "Send it back" position!

Based on the picture he provided I would agree that they are probably secondary regulators.

Not sure if he bought them new or used, however dual secondary regulators are worth more than a single primary so even if he didn't get them from a store, he could sell them off and come out ahead.

After looking at the pic closer, it appears he got the two body high pressure secondary regulator from KegConnection... top photo. If that is the case, he could just be missing the high pressure remote hose.. second pic. But I would say send it back, because he probably wanted the regulator in the third pic. Kegconnection is really good about returns and besides that damn remote hose is $41.00.

2bodychudnow.jpg

highpressureHOSE.jpg

dualbodyCHUDNOWUSA.jpg

After looking at the pic closer, it appears he got the two body high pressure secondary regulator from KegConnection... top photo. If that is the case, he could just be missing the high pressure remote hose.. second pic. But I would say send it back, because he probably wanted the regulator in the third pic. Kegconnection is really good about returns and besides that damn remote hose is $41.00

Wow good find from the available pic.

Returning for exchange would probably be best option.

Big B nailed it. That's the exact regulator I ordered, and the one I should have ordered :) With your guys help I was able to explain the situation in an email to Ben from Keg Connection and it sounds like a CO2 stem and nut will fix the issue. I just need to actually get Ben on the phone to place the order, since the parts aren't on their website.

Thanks for all the help

Back