MILD Strawberry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgortel

Reaction score
I have been searching and searching for a MILD strawberry flavored beer.......I had on elast year by a microbrewery (cannot remember who it was made by)....and wanted to try to do one this year. Again....I do NOT want a strong sweet flavor...just a background hint in a nice crisp beer.

Thanks!

My girlfriend absolutely loves strawberries. I'm looking for something with strawberries to brew for her, I'll let you know if I find something delicious

What about using frozen strawberries when you rack to secondary. It was just suggested to me in another thread where I used blueberry extract that tasted very fake and way overpowering. The other poster was making a raspberry tart and used 4.5 lbs of mashed frozen raspberries in the secondary for 2 weeks.

Only strawberry beer i've had is a Strawberry Blonde from Pete's Wicked Ales.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/how-do-strawberry-blonde-163968/

I brewed a strawberry rhubarb blonde. I started with a basic Belgian blonde that I let sit in the primary for about a week. Then I racked it onto 4 lbs. of frozen strawberries and 2 lbs. of frozen rhubarb for two weeks. I then racked it off the fruit and let it clear for about another two weeks. It has now been in the bottle for about 4 or 5 weeks. I'm pretty happy with it and it's getting pretty good reviews from those that have tasted it. The strawberry is subtle at the start, but doesn't overpower the whole beer. The rhubarb didn't quite come through as much as I'd hoped, but its still there in the background.

I've got a straight up hefe down that I primaried for 3 weeks then racked to 5 lbs frozen (Publix) whole strawberries. Will keg it this weekend and I'll let you know what it's like.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess you had the Abita Strawberry lager - flavors like you're describing. It's a seasonal and never lasts long.

Back