How do you guys display your empty bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
Im finishing my basement and I have a bunch of "special" bottles I want to display some how. By special I mean Dark Lord, Westy 12 and a few like that. How do you guys display your empties that are worth keeping?

I only have a couple, but I clean them and then fill them with starsan and cap.

I have a 100+ collection of craft/micro bottles on shelves in my garage. Garage is also my brewing area, and man cave. Houses my sculpture, and fermentation chamber, a table and chairs for hangin out, and, of course, the usual garage things: lawnmower, bikes, etc.

I saw on another board where someone used spring loaded wall anchors in the bottle with screw eyes attached and hanging from a cable. It wasn't something i'd do at my place but it was pretty creative.

I'm just planning on building a couple of shelves. But then again I don't have much to display.

Not too creative, but shelves or any other available space is easy. . .

19376d1295353600-my-beer-bottle-collection-254-bottles-wall-bottlecollection_lr.jpg

Put beer in them and stick them in the fridge.

Of course, my most special bottle is probably a Sierra Nevada Stout.:p Not a lot of variety out here as far as unusual beers go.

I'm getting ready to toss mine.

They've been sitting in boxes in my garage, taking up what little space I have, and no place to display them.

*sigh.. maybe I'll recycle and get the deposit back.

I have two pre-1900 beer bottles somewhere in my kegerator. The rest of the bottles (if I'm not bottling for a comp) go in the recycle bin. I'd rather store full ones.

B

Yah I probably have like close to 200 bottles from all different beers and out of that maybe 10-20 are really worth keeping. Im thinking of turning them into lights if thats possible

wedge421 said:
Yah I probably have like close to 200 bottles from all different beers and out of that maybe 10-20 are really worth keeping. Im thinking of turning them into lights if thats possible

I have a friend that filled some with a glow in the dark liquid, and mounted a black light on the shelf. Surprisingly, even the brown bottles glowed! I thought it was nifty. Of course these weren't "special" bottles by any means, just the usual college-boy bottles.

I have a friend that filled some with a glow in the dark liquid, and mounted a black light on the shelf. Surprisingly, even the brown bottles glowed! I thought it was nifty. Of course these weren't "special" bottles by any means, just the usual college-boy bottles.

We did that in college with liquor bottles and highlighter fluid... we were tools. :drunk:

i had a buddy who fed clear xmas lights into each bottle and formed a chain of bottles. looked pretty cool...

Back