What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last 20 or so ounces of my Thai Black Rice Wine that didn't fit for bottling. Let's just say I'm not driving anywhere :tank:

ForumRunner_20130623_182258.jpg

Enki Brewery's Citric Journey. Its their first beer, their pale ale. They just opened yesterday and are 5 minutes from my house. Very, very excited to try more beers from them. Oh and another plus, they are located right across from where I work as well.

Nice...I met Jason at midwest supplies. Really nice guy and helped me out a ton. I'm gonna have to swing over and check out his new place.

Sounds reasonable to me, but then again ive been mentioned in the same breath as alcoholic so maybe you need soneone else's judgement! :D

How'd the run go?

Haha. I consider beer a reward for pretty much anything, including waking up.

The run went great. I'm a pretty slow runner as it is so when you throw in the obstacles and crawling through the mud I was very surprised to learn that my time was 1:33:41 for a 10K, which was only a few minutes off my goal time of 1:30:00. The best part was that I didn't come in anywhere close to last. Granted, I was in the bottom half (444 out of 525), but I did much better than I expected.

Nice...I met Jason at midwest supplies. Really nice guy and helped me out a ton. I'm gonna have to swing over and check out his new place.

When you do let me know, I'll come have a beer or two with you. The "official" opening is the 29th and they will be introducing more beers at that point. Only Citric Journey right now. Its awesome they turned that bottom of a building into a brewery. People live above them, but the bottom half of the building has been abandoned for awhile.

Drinking a SA summer Ale . Not bad at all . Do not know how to describe it .
Had a SA White Lantern yesterday . It was , well ... If you like dusting your furniture with Lemon Pledge then you might just like this beer because that is the after taste it has . Really strange .
Had a SA Cream Stout yesterday . Very good .

Been hitting the liquor store because I ran out of beer I liked . But lady luck shined a light for me and sitting on the floor next to my dryer I found 2 sixes of Cream of Three Crops !

This. But sadly it's lost all hop aroma and flavor as I feared. For 8 months old it's aged very well though. It's almost like a bitter amber. I kinda like it.

ForumRunner_20130623_165819.jpg

ForumRunner_20130623_165833.jpg

It was resolved before a lawsuit. Great Lakes has already agreed to rename Alchemy Hour to something else next year.

Or did you have a different lawsuit in mind? ;)

Well that's lame. Haven't had Alchemy Ale but have had Alchemy Hour and loved it. I have to get some Alchemy Ale, I see it all the time at the local store.

Sampler from pikes peak brewery in monument, co

Really good wheat, nice bitter...

Stout is tasting a little sweet.

ForumRunner_20130623_170317.jpg

It was resolved before a lawsuit. Great Lakes has already agreed to rename Alchemy Hour to something else next year.

Or did you have a different lawsuit in mind? ;)

Was it Widmer or Alchemist who came after Great Lakes?

Was supposed to go watch come rookie league baseball and drink Yuengling, but I napped through that so it's more homebrew! Black saison, round 2.

Swarley88 said:
Enki Brewery's Citric Journey. Its their first beer, their pale ale. They just opened yesterday and are 5 minutes from my house. Very, very excited to try more beers from them. Oh and another plus, they are located right across from where I work as well.

That's awesome they're so close to you! Just heard about Enki! Stoked to try their brews! Nice to see another MN brew come online!!

Channel66 said:
My Belgian strong dark with some fun proprietary yeast. Sitting out by the fire waiting for the super moon tonight at camp.

A billion percent alcohol, roasty, yeasty, tasty. Great cool breeze summer night beer.

Those pics are phenomenal!!!

TNGabe said:
Was it Widmer or Alchemist who came after Great Lakes?

Was supposed to go watch come rookie league baseball and drink Yuengling, but I napped through that so it's more homebrew! Black saison, round 2.

Widmer came after GLB. And they graciously agreed to use a new name next year.

My Belgian strong dark with some fun proprietary yeast. Sitting out by the fire waiting for the super moon tonight at camp.

A billion percent alcohol, roasty, yeasty, tasty. Great cool breeze summer night beer.

Nice pic man wish I could see the super moon from where you are at I bet it's a good night to toss a line out ;-)

Back