Temp. question - what's best option

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redpiper

Reaction score
I've got a pale ale in the bucket in the garage. Pitched US-05 on 11/1. Kept temp at around 68 and bubbled away. Now the weather has turned and this am the temp strip reads 58.

From what I've read here, things will be fine regardless, but my question is what is the best option. Or what are the outcomes for either choice. I could pull the bucket inside where it will be a consistent 68-70. I could leave it outside where it likely stays where it is or maybe rises to low 60's.

Based on past experience with this yeast, I'm fairly sure most fermenting is done, though I haven't taken a reading due to access. Planning to bottle after Thanksgiving.

thanks

If it's done fermenting you are fine. But you must verify that with a hydrometer.

Pull it inside and put it in a closet. 05 likes higher 60s than lower 60s and doesn't like 58 much at all.

Back