It's Friday...who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
It's bloody cold and windy, I have a scrimmage tomorrow at 2:30 so I'm rollin' like Evan! and trying to have the kettles fired up in the basement by 6am. Headin' over to Firebrewer's tonight to drill the kettles. Milling the grain tonight for Old Boot ESB, fermenting with the West Yorkshire strain (1469). Haven't decided if I'm brewcasting yet or not.

Planning a Wee Heavy for the yeast cake of Duncan's Malcontent 70/- for next week, methinks.

Let's hear it. Sound off like you've got a pair (sorry, Lorena ;))!

I'v been brewing since about 9am. Making my attempt at an India Brown ale, but the mash didn't seam as dark as i had wanted, but it will still be tasty!!

I am brewing a Maibock on Sunday for sure, got the yeast starter going for it yesterday. But my wife just told me she isn't going to be around tonight or all day tomorrow. So I am thinking about brewing saturday as well since I have the stuff to do an Old Ale...or I could get drunk and play video games till I pass out.

I'm brewing up some stout this weekend, whenever I find the time. Lot's of stuff going on with the family, so it will probably work out to be a late night brew. 6% ABV and lots of roasted malts, can't wait!

I'll be brewing a bitter tomorrow. Gonna model it a bit after Black Sheep Riggwelter. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some good yeast at the LHBS on the way home today.

I've got a group brew going on with Bjornbrewer and TerrapinChef tomorrow. We're brewing in the garage in a Detroit suburb and it'll be bloody cold out, about 29 degrees. I'm brewing an all grain Oatmeal Stout, but I don't know what the other guys are doing.

Cheers

Gonna try to get an Extra Pale going this weekend. Trying to go for a real light, clean, crisp, dry beer with good hop aroma. Using Nugget and Fuggles hops, so I am calling the beer FugNug EPA. Hopefully my local brew shop has all the stuff I need!

I am brewing a Maibock on Sunday for sure, got the yeast starter going for it yesterday. But my wife just told me she isn't going to be around tonight or all day tomorrow. So I am thinking about brewing saturday as well since I have the stuff to do an Old Ale...or I could get drunk and play video games till I pass out.

That sounds like a f$%$ing plan!

Bottling a DFH 60 tonight, haven't figured out what I'm brewing yet.

I'v been brewing since about 9am. Making my attempt at an India Brown ale, but the mash didn't seam as dark as i had wanted, but it will still be tasty!!

Not a good brew day so far...

I just had my first boil over because of....

I was racking my Sweetwater 420 clone to a keg and somehow my racking tube became coiled and pointed up in the keg and spit beer all over the floor......

So i get to clean up that mess and then a boil over mess...

I need a beer...

Nothing this weekend. But I'll be breaking down 4 pallets of grain (9,240 lbs.) from the 2009 bulk buy this Sunday. Pics to follow. :D

I have 2 beers to brew since I didn't get to brew last night because I was buying my kegerator :) Anyways, I will be attempting my first lager and I will be doing beirmunchers wit as well, not sure of the order though or if I will fit both in this weekend.

bottling a Brown Ale sunday, then --- if my package arrives from Austin Home Brew -- will be brewing a Belgian Wit on sunday

After trying the Bourbon Casked Porter at Iron Hill last weekend, I decided to tweak my porter recipe to try to get close to that. Ordered some French Oak Spirals today. Not that sure of how I’ll do it yet. Should be brewing on Sunday.

Trying to get my wife (designated driver) to go back there tonight for the end of the War of the Worts. Hoping there’s some of the Porter left.

Herm,

Did they have it cask-conditioned? Had it at the one here in Lancaster a week or two ago and it was awesome.

Does Monday count, as I have to work all weekend? I'll be brewing a Dead Guy clone. That will make two brew days in less than a week, a serious record for me.:eek:

Does a semi just show up at your house for this?:rockin:

Kinda. One of the brewers in the group works for a trucking company. The 4 pallets of malt arrived this week at this terminal and are now sitting high up on some shelf waiting for Sunday. He'll put them on a short truck with a lift gate and bring them over on Sunday where everyone shows up to collect their order. It will be some work sorting and counting, but everyone brings some homebrew and I serve up some pulled pork BBQ, so it makes for a nice afternoon.

Bottling my Red Rye IPA tonight and a Belgian Pale tomorrow.

Attending a Beer Advocate tasting tomorrow.

Homebrew club meeting on Sunday.

No time to brew - but next week, oh yes, next week. (And the week after).

Kinda. One of the brewers in the group works for a trucking company. The 4 pallets of malt arrived this week at this terminal and are now sitting high up on some shelf waiting for Sunday. He'll put them on a short truck with a lift gate and bring them over on Sunday where everyone shows up to collect their order. It will be some work sorting and counting, but everyone brings some homebrew and I serve up some pulled pork BBQ, so it makes for a nice afternoon.

WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU STORE ALL OF THAT!?!?! Do you happen to have a warehouse in your backyard? :drunk:

Cookie bags has opened his bakery again this year. So sause. Bernie Brewer (maybe), Cookiebags, and I will be brewing tomorrow morning. I'll be making 10 gallons of CAP.

Oh, God yes. Pulled pork and bulk grain. I really need to get my smoker put together this spring.

I got to get some ingredients soon. I would love to brew this weekend, but I think we're on for two weekends from now. Having a party for a friend at our house and his brother likes to brew too, so we may do a brewing session together. We're trying to convince my friend that he shold brew too, but he doesn't like beer. Yeah, that's why we want you to brew !! (for us) he he he

Brewing Jamil's Belgian Pale Ale and Midwest's Saison kit next weekend.

Just now sparging out an IPA I'm making. 10 gallons with Cascade and Chinook. For a friend and myself, first one though so I hope it comes out good. It will be beer, I just have those damned expectations of myself to hold up to.

Back