adding yeast when bottling question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Thadeus_Toad

Reaction score
I have a Stout that just started secondary over the weekend, I added Maple syrup and vanilla beans to the brew. Im wondering since the syrup will (should) start the fermentation again. do I or should I add yeast when bottling? or should there be enough to carbonate the beer. If so how much.

This is my first batch that I am doing a secondary. I did a reading yesterday and the gravity is 1030 OG was 1065

Any help would be great
thanks,

I have a Stout that just started secondary over the weekend, I added Maple syrup and vanilla beans to the brew. Im wondering since the syrup will (should) start the fermentation again. do I or should I add yeast when bottling? or should there be enough to carbonate the beer. If so how much.

This is my first batch that I am doing a secondary. I did a reading yesterday and the gravity is 1030 OG was 1065

Any help would be great
thanks,

There should be enough yeasties to carbonate. If the gravity is dropping in the secondary, that means the yeast are still active and good to go

Back