So pissed off right now....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter_le five

Sheriff Underscore
Reaction score
I tapped my keg of pilsner last night. I went to draw off a pint tonight, and nothing came out. I opened up the kegerator only to see this:

image-1897483335.jpg

That's 5 gallons of hard work down the drain. I don't even know where to begin cleaning this up. FML. I need a drink... Oh wait.

It looks like I blew the o-ring on the out poppet. Anyone else ever do something this dumb?

I just jokingly replied to your other thread about this. Didn't realize it was an entire keg, but yes, I have done this. I lost a keg of oatmeal stout because I forgot to tighten the liquid line barb fitting. It sucks and I feel for ya. I'm pretty sure I played Taps that night.

Sorry for your loss i have had this happen to me a few time, i come out and 5 gallons all over floor not a nice feeling.

Primary Clone Fosters
Keg Clone Bass.
Bottle Honey Wheat.
Bottle Clone Guinness

I did just lose a tank of CO2. First time fill in a recently purchased used corny and I forgot to replace to O-rings. Fortunately, it was just gas. I'll replace O-rings more often now.

Go to McMaster Carr, a bag of 100 is less than $10 I think. Somewhere on HBT is a list of McMaster part numbers for O rings. I use red ones for the gas side, black for beer so I don't put the wrong connector on a post.

Yep

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/sticky-kegging-faqs-43347/#post425554

Condolences.

Before I made my keezer I kept a couple of kegs in my beer fridge and swapped a picnic tap back and forth. I went into my garage on a Super Bowl Sunday to find the one without the tap on it leaked out over night.

It sucks to lose beer like that.

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!!! I have not replaced the o rings in 2 years. Just kegged 2 hopefully AMAZING beers.

Now anxious to return home!!!!

Replace all of the reals and use a small amount of keg lube on them. The lube will help prevent tearing and rolling. They should stay good for a few years.

ya its definitely a good thing to have these seals on hand. even when you're cleaning them one could break and then you're stuck placing an order or running to a BHS.

Latest posts

Back