Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah your boots might get funky after doing that a few times.:D Technically,a boot in English is a trunk in American...

Oh, I get it now... So you have a pet elephant, huh, that's cool. How many can he hold? OH WAIT!... not THAT kind of trunk, the OTHER kind!... wait... that doesn't work either [blush]...... OHHHHHH!... you mean like in the back of a carrrrr!? I get it now! Gosh, what was I thinking?! :cross:

Of course, if you hire a saloon for the evening you could romp about before returning to your flat and not have to worry yourself with a bloody awful smell in your boot. Just make sure you don't get a dent in the wing.

I'm sorry, I really enjoy excuses to use the vernacular from our friends across the pond. No ridicule intended.

I raise my Sammy Smith's Nut Brown to every Brit lucky enough to live much closer to the Tadcaster Brewery than I do. And anyone who can enjoy Scrumpy's without an international flight is a lucky man! Cheers!

Thank you, that's exactly what I meant, forgot my US audience.
I did have a good laugh at the misinterpretation though.
Maybe a collection of old boots would be good in my 'TRUNK' to stop the bottles knocking about as I drive off?

That would be one way of keeping them upright while driving home. :D Or get some of those plastic milk crates & put the bottles in those in the trunk. My other Probe SE had a cargo net across the back of the trunk that was handy for such things. Wish I could still get that kit from the dealer. It'd hold maybe 3 milk crates steady.

I raise my Sammy Smith's Nut Brown to every Brit lucky enough to live much closer to the Tadcaster Brewery than I do. And anyone who can enjoy Scrumpy's without an international flight is a lucky man! Cheers!

Samuel Smiths is literally the ONLY brewery that has never disappointed me. So much so I need to go purchase some right now.

I also really love their bottles, and the two pint glasses I nabbed for 99 cents at a grocery store were a nice addition to my glassware.

"I should go buy some Samuel Smiths pint bottles so I have some cool bottles to put other beer into". Do Samuel Smith's bottles cap decent?

grasshopperfirestarter said:
This time I really will give some friends at work a bottle of my next brew. I will not drink it all this time. (I always talk about brewing but they never see/drink proof of it) Damn I drank it all. Try again next batch!

I do this all the time!!

Keith66 said:
Haven't tried them. Me and swmbo are OCD enough that we have to have all matching bottles either from the LHBS or Big Sky Brewing or a few other micros that use that same bottle.

I'm the same as well. I can have different bottles but each batch has to be in the same bottle. It helps me keep track of what is bottled. I like the Sierra Nevada bottles.

scubasteve03 said:
I'm the same as well. I can have different bottles but each batch has to be in the same bottle. It helps me keep track of what is bottled. I like the Sierra Nevada bottles.

I love SN bottles! Stubbies rule! They fit much better in my "beer fridge", a small dorm fridge.

Samuel Smiths is literally the ONLY brewery that has never disappointed me. So much so I need to go purchase some right now.

I also really love their bottles, and the two pint glasses I nabbed for 99 cents at a grocery store were a nice addition to my glassware.

"I should go buy some Samuel Smiths pint bottles so I have some cool bottles to put other beer into". Do Samuel Smith's bottles cap decent?

I love Sam Smith's Organic chocolate stout! That stuff rocks! !!
And the bottles are cool too!
It's so good I'm scared to clone it. I might just hook myself up to an IV and drain the keg in one setting!

pb

I was making béchamel today. I thought it would be so much easier if I could just pass it through a HERMS coil instead of stirring 2.5 gallons of milk with 4# of roux in it to keep it fro burning.

Huh. Dejavue,man. I was just telling the wife last night that it's been a long time since I made potatoes & peas in a bechmel sauce for dinner.

To my self "huh think I might be going alittle far I got HBT on my home screen for easy access" lol

image-3748578862.jpg

1fast636 said:
To my self "huh think I might be going alittle far I got HBT on my home screen for easy access" lol

HBT on my home screen? It's more likely than you think.

Where do you find a SS brew kettle at 6pm on a holiday weekend? Oh, and right before that... Why the F did I think it was a good idea to store a bottle of bleach inside of the only kettle I do have? And the classic... When did that bottle of bleach tip over and start leaking?

Holes man :/ I got holes in the bottom of my kettle.

I have a live (Android) wallpaper called Beer Live Lite. It turns my screen into a golden beer with bubbles that rise up to the head. It's not perfect, but I like it. And HBT replaced FB on my home page.

I have a live (Android) wallpaper called Beer Live Lite. It turns my screen into a golden beer with bubbles that rise up to the head. It's not perfect, but I like it. And HBT replaced FB on my home page.

I would like one like this that the beer level is the battery charge. When its just foam left, time to plug her back in.

Craigtube has a neet one. You here the psst when the bottle opens,the beer pours on screen. And when you tilt it,it's like you're drinking it. I thought that was pretty cool.

This time I really will give some friends at work a bottle of my next brew. I will not drink it all this time. (I always talk about brewing but they never see/drink proof of it) Damn I drank it all. Try again next batch!

Nah, keep them guessing and hopeful. Your beer is the promised land just beyond the next hill.. always. It will blow their mind more when they finally get some.

When you wake up to your dog barking and licking your face and the wife telling you to get up to find out you feel asleep on the floor and think " dam maybe that last home brew was one to many tonight" lol happened to me Saturday drank my half gallon of nugget nectar growler then my buddy's home brewed all citra red I guess that put me over the fence

I think I will take one of my brews to st Mary's glacier (10,500 altitude) and enjoy it before coming back down. open....pour.....pure foam. crap, guess I'll drink it from the bottle...

Invite about 4-5 friends over to try my homebrew, "yay, they like my home brew!"

Two hours later and 4 drunk friends and one passed out, "wow! They REALLY like my beer!"

The next day while taking inventory of ingredients, I glance over at my bottle storage area, "where'd all my beer go?!"

Gotta brew more!

"I wish somebody else was awake and posting so I'd have something to reply to."

"I wonder what kind of replies I'll get to my last post."

"I'll have one more homebrew and see if anyone posts."

"Okay, one more homebrew and that's it; if no one posts, I'm going to sleep."

If I won the Powerball I would open a microbrewery... then I would have to WORK.. So, no I wouldn't. But I would build a house that had a cooler room with about 20 taps going through the wall to the bar on the otherside which would be in the great room/ pool enclosure.

Back