I sure hope the weather man is right....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPORT546

Reaction score
They are calling for 60s this weekend (in Missouri) and I'm off Sunday and Monday. I just bottled 10 gallons this past Monday and another batch is waiting on a keg to blow so my pipeline is basically empty. I just need to decide between

German pils
Wheat stout or
Bourbon vanilla porter

I also have 40lbs of 2row and a bunch of assorted hops coming from Farmhouses Black Friday

Simcoe
EKG
Chinook
Zythos
Cascade

So many options if only the weather holds and the rain stays off till tues. My last two days I've had available to brew have been rained out the one before that I walked into the basement to start my preps and found a river running actoss the floor from the water heater. So I'm prayin for this weekend to work out with no surprises.

No brewing in the basement. With no garage my walkout basement does double duty and has way to much stuff in it. I also don't have a good way to ventilate.

Yeah, calling for nice weather up here too...but I actually hope not. Have an ice fishing trip planned for mid-December and it's pretty hard to ice fish without ice (or ai least reasonably safe ice, as far as "safe" ice goes).

Supposed to be sunny & low 50's here over the weekend. Just ordered my grains for another pm batch,so it'll be next week till brew day.

Do you brew in the basement? I've brewed in the rain before and it was fun! We never get rain here.

You would love it on the Washington coast!
I get to brew in the rain about ten months of the year.
I get to work in it also.
We've had a couple inches in the last 24 hours. Brewing wind also.
Nothing like a 50 MPH wind to help that rain get places it couldn't get on it's own.

Weather is gonna be sh*t here in Reno. The river is suppose to rise 15 feet. But I'm brewing 10 gallons of Zombie Dust. Just got my citra shipment yesterday.

SavoryChef said:
Weather is gonna be sh*t here in Reno. The river is suppose to rise 15 feet. But I'm brewing 10 gallons of Zombie Dust. Just got my citra shipment yesterday.

Can you send some of that water this way? They are predicting record lows on the Mississippi. Not good for the local shipping industry.

So much for sunny. Partly cloudy & on the cool side of warm in the middle of the day. Frost & colder than a well digger's backside in the morning.

The weatherman was right and I'm out back in shorts and sandals on December 2nd. Wheat stout today. Hopefully a vanilla porter tomorrow.

image-2875565620.jpg

image-2855402398.jpg

Latest posts

Back