New Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howlinowl

Reaction score
It's raining today, my condenser coil hasn't arrived for the BM23C, gots no supplies to brew with since I spent my nut on the BM23C and parts, so I figured I'd sit down and try to create a logo......

3rd%20world.jpg

I kinda like it. I was looking for something a bit simple, 2 color that I could have silkscreened on some glasses and T-shirts if I ever decide to do it. I may do some tweaking to it, maybe bring the words down a bit, place the "Howlinowl more in the center and the Third World Brewing underneath.

Allan

Second logo. I moved the wording down to the bottom half, leaving the top of the palm tree clear.

3rd world2.jpg

Looks better, I think.

Allan

2nd one is definitely better. Not sure I'm crazy about the font on the "Third World Brewing" but overall it's nice.

Thanks, all. It was funny when Deathbrewer mentioned the bottle top. I had originally downloaded a "Dog and Suds" cap off the 'net and using the layers feature in Paint Shop Pro 5, built the logo on top. In Paint Shop Pro, you can make different layers visible or invisible. While playing around, I made the layer with the cap invisible and wala! There was my logo, all by itself. So when he mentioned the cap, I just opened up PSP, made the cap visible, saved as a .jpg and posted it to the 'net.

Allan

Dunno about owls... Actually, Howlinowl has nothing to do with owls. I have a friend who about 23 years ago tagged me with the nickname "Howlin' Allan"... Over the years, it had gotten shortened to "Howlin' Al" which, said quickly enough sounds like "Howlin' Owl".. so, when I needed a username for forums and such, howlinowl became it. I live in Port Saint Lucie, FL, so I wanted to have a "tropical" Jimmy Buffettesque, Corona, Landshark Lager type of feel to the logo. I figure that "third world brewing" helps in the illusion that it is based in some laid back, carribean or south Pacific type of island nation without actually having to mention any names.

Allan

Back