Quick fermentation (1 day) then nothing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richman123

Reaction score
Hello,

I am making an ale. The starting gravity was 1.052 (On 10/9) and potential alcohol of 7%. It is 10/20 and the gravity is 1.024 potential alcohol of 5%. I am kind of new to this and am worried that I did something wrong. It only fermented strong for about 30 hours and the then died off very quick. Any Suggestions?

sounds like you have a stuck ferment. Identifying what may have gone wrong is probably easier than trying to make it ferment more. To get a few more points out of it, you might be able to rouse the yeast by swirling the fermentor and/or warming it up if it got too cold.

To figure out why it got stuck, the following questions are applicable:
What yeast did you use, how much did you pitch, did you oxygenate your wort, and what temp did you ferment at?

It could still be fermenting. Check it again in a couple days and see if the gravity has moved.

What was the recipe and what's the ambient temp. where the fermenter is sitting?

Latest posts

Back