Kegged Beer Wont Carbonate!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chode720

Reaction score
I have been kegging for over a year now and this is the first time I've ever run into any problems with a keg not properly carbonating.

I put the keg in the fridge about a week and a half ago and it is still not carbonated! If i pour a little taster glass full, there is no head and I can see a few bubbles in it, but it is far from being where it needs to.

I set the beer at my serving pressure and have left it hooked up to the gas for a week. This is how I carb 95% of my beer. Since that didnt seem to work, I cranked the psi up to 20ish and have left it for 3 days now, and still no improvement. I have checked just about everything I can think of:

Tank still has co2 ( :D )
Lid, pressure relief, and all connectors sprayed with Star-San to check for leaks
Plenty of head space in the keg
Poppets were cleaned and co2 is flowing into the keg

Any thoughts??

When I use the set it and forget method it takes at least 2 weeks, 3 isn't unusual.

Every setup is different, but for me at 10psi it takes 2-3 weeks. If I up it to about 20psi I can get it carbed in about a week.

Give it another few days and it should be fine - RDWHAHB.

whats your fridge temp?

what type of faucet and how much beer line are you using?, also when you purge the co2 from the keg do you hear co2 flowing back into keg when you hook gas back up

whats your fridge temp?

what type of faucet and how much beer line are you using?, also when you purge the co2 from the keg do you hear co2 flowing back into keg when you hook gas back up

44 and 10 ft of line. Yes I do hear co2 flowing when I hook gas up

I guess that my concern is that I haven't seen any change in the carbonation level in almost a week

When I had all my lines at 8-10 feet, I had to take a LONG draw to clear the flat beer from the line to really see what my carb level was like.

I've since chopped my lines in half and put epoxy nozzles in my dip tubes to achieve balance. But I digress...

Be sure you're getting a valid sample...impatience might be tripping you up on your usual process of sampling.

Latest posts

Back