Durian Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csj

Reaction score
Just tasted a finished bottle of wheat beer I racked on secondary with (frozen) durian for about two weeks. At 1/4 lb per 2.5 gallons, the end result has a slight bit of the durian smell, and an aftertaste of the durian. Kind of reminded me of an apricot kolsch I made a few months ago.
Has anyone tried this combo?

You are the second bravest homebrewer that I've heard of. First prize went to the guy in Zymurgy who brewed a batch of beer with cicadas in it.

I still have to bottle a batch of super hoppy stout on the remaining 3/4 of a lb of durian.

Would this be beer as a dare?

You are the second bravest homebrewer that I've heard of. First prize went to the guy in Zymurgy who brewed a batch of beer with cicadas in it.

I think that was an homage to cicadas, not actually "Fear Factor" beer.

-OCD

I'm curious? How did it come out (assuming whoever's drinking it likes durian)? I've been talked into sacrificing a half gallon of my weizen chugging away in primary right now to secondary with durian (as opposed to the remaining 4.5 gallons which will be secondaried with raspberries as initially planned).

Back