First sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still havnt kegging yet. Flavors are a slight sour cherry flavor. It is starting to take on a bit of an apple flavor which bothers me a bit. The pellicle is very light now. Think it's safe to keg then bottle?

you are bottling from a keg? why not just bottle it?

Yes bottling from a keg. I'm fairly lazy and don't want to repitch yeast and wanted to have some on tap as well

This beer is sitting on the same yeast cake still. I've made it over a year. That's unbelievable. I have 3 beers I need to keg still so Itll be at least another month before I keg this batch.

The beer has a distinct acidic tone. It has a great cherry flavor to it as well. There is a bit of funk from Brett as well. I oaked this beer twice. Once at about 6 months with a french oak spiral for about a week and once again at a 11 months for about a month. The oak is there, but its not over powering. All in all. This is a great beer. Im very proud of it. My problem is once i keg it, Im going to drink the crap out of it I have a feeling and Ill be without a sour for another 6 months or so. I have 3 sours currently. Ones a blonde with ECY20 , and the other a brown ale with ECY01 and Jolly Pumpkin dregs. The blonde has a nasty band aid taste to it. Im sure Ill end up pitching it, but I made it back in Oct. I want to see if the gross taste goes away. The Brown has a nice pellicle that has formed lighting bolts. Looks cool. As for pictures, You wont be able to see much... Its still in the same dirty ass Better Bottle. There is dried yeast from the explosive ardens I used

So Im kegging this today. Is there any reason I cant keep this on tap? So should I just make a dedicated sour/wild tap?

So Im kegging this today. Is there any reason I cant keep this on tap? So should I just make a dedicated sour/wild tap?

i keg my sour beer because i hate bottling and i don't have to drink a whole bottle if it's just me and the wife.

I'm going to bottle maybe 6 bottles. This beer is great though. I'm really surprised the bugs didn't drop it any lower. It only dropped to 1.010 from 1.070.

Back