Kegdroid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edpietrzak

Reaction score
Didn't really know where to put this one, but since it relates to a keg I went here

Pretty good use of technology

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came upon this invention from a long time homebrewer. Super cool automated two-tap kegerator using an Android tablet app, solenoids, and flow meters to serve various volumes of beer.

Is this one of you guys? Frackin' genius! :rockin:

(skip to ~3:10 if you don't care about the technical aspect and just want to see it in action)

Last edited by a moderator:
That has got to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Period. Cheers my good man, cheers. Oh, and send me one to the following address: 123 Brew St...

As neat as it is, I gotta admit I don't really see the point in it. Wouldn't it be just as easy to release the tap handle to stop the flow? I guess that's why they call them gadgets and not necessities though. :D

As neat as it is, I gotta admit I don't really see the point in it. Wouldn't it be just as easy to release the tap handle to stop the flow? I guess that's why they call them gadgets and not necessities though. :D

Same. It doesn't seem terribly useful, unless there's a layer of the software that sends the person a bill for the beer they took or something.

As something installed in the Android Developer Kit offices at the Googleplex, though, that would be pretty cool.

Back