Anheuser-Busch / Inbev Merger proxy vote

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anheuser-Busch/Inbev Merger Shareholders vote

• For the merger

• Against

Results are only viewable after voting.

truckmann

Mann Cave Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got my proxy vote ballot on the merger in the e-mail box today.
I had to vote no. Frankly I don't really want to sell my stock to a Belgian company and have an American business completely removed from the stock market.

So how did or would the rest of you vote.

I thought this already was a done deal. I don't really care to be honest. I dont have AB stock and I don't buy their beer.

I thought this already was a done deal. I don't really care to be honest. I dont have AB stock and I don't buy their beer.

It is. InBev has more votes than anyone else combined and I know how they're voting. :)

If I'm voting as a beer lover, I'm for it (increase the likelihood of good imports becoming mainstream) but if I'm voting as an american citizen, I'm against it. I hate to see our largest corporations move overseas.

I really couldn't care less, i only voted yes in this pole to give some grief to the Bud drinkers out there ;)

My Belgian brother-in-law would tell you that Stella is the piss of Belgian beers, he feels about it much the way I feel about Bud. That being said, i do find it encouraging that Bud is now selling an ale, haven't had it yet, but it does show you how the beer market has changed in the last 10-20 years....

My reasons are not so much about my like or dislike for Budweiser beer, I just hate to see a great American company get sold over seas for no apparent good reason. I never heard any reports of AB looking at bankruptcy or anything. I just can't seem to understand why this is in the best interest of the company. All about the money I guess.

A little birdy told me that InBev is probably going to drop the Sam Adams product line from their distribution facilities. Guess they are not going to sell the competitions beer :) Too bad, its the best one they distribute!

A little birdy told me that InBev is probably going to drop the Sam Adams product line from their distribution facilities. Guess they are not going to sell the competitions beer :) Too bad, its the best one they distribute!

If that's true then sounds like another good reason that I voted NO. I realize that my no vote is probably meaningless, but oh well.

Back