Kid Rock!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone but me think it would be totally bad ass to just be able to hang out with Kid Rock? He and Jesse James are just such LOSERS....and they've figured out how to be totally rich as hell from it, and just hang out having all kinds of fun...all kinds of ladies...doing what ever the hell they want when ever they want. They got nothing I didn't have when I was in High School hanging out drinking and partying, building hot rods and making tunes.
I had to go mostly straight and get a haircut and a real job...because it was pretty clear that I wasn't going to get rich acting like such a loser....not that this is working either....

I'd rather hang out with someone who is an actual musician and, you know, has the ability to play an instrument.

Discuss... :D

I'd rather hang out with someone who is an actual musician and, you know, has the ability to play an instrument.

Discuss... :D
Actual Musicians are a dime a dozen. I can find 5 people in my office that sing better than Kid Rock, and in about 5 minutes I could have a car full of better musicians. But there is only 1 Kid Rock!
Not interested in the music or the talent so much as the image and lifestyle...You know...Smacking down those smart ass cooks at the Waffle House!
I'm more intrigued with the persona than the person. Some of Kid Rock Tunes make me smile a lot though.

The first time hearing Kid Rock was when he and Hand Jr. Sang "You cant say the F word" on some award show. I was hooked right there.

I don't know that I could keep up with Kid Rock.

I do know that every redneck within 100 miles of me blares his latest song as loud as they can (you know, the one that stole tracks from Warren Zevon and Skynard). I hate that damn song.

I don't know that I could keep up with Kid Rock.

I do know that every redneck within 100 miles of me blares his latest song as loud as they can (you know, the one that stole tracks from Warren Zevon and Skynard). I hate that damn song.

That is about the worst one on the cd. Don't know why it is so popular on the radio - guess cause it's clean. Amen is really good and if you get a chance, listen to So Hot.

Big K is right though - it's the persona.

Michigan Boy, so he's pretty popular for some reason here. I am not a huge fan, but I do get what you mean about the way he made his fortune and fame. I'd never be able to live like him for a week! Crazy mofo...

He's still making music?

There are a lot of losers out that have made the big time (pick your popstar), but remember it truly pales in comparison with number of losers who didn't make it, are working crap jobs and living crap lives.

I do my best to pretend he doesn't exist so I could be wrong but I like how he's trying to change his persona, and consequently music, into something more righteous because his fan base is growing up. I'm basing this on where his songs are now from his first album.

Kid Rock isn't my flavor...

Jesse James however ain't much of a loser, the guy has classic metalworking hand skills that is becoming a dieing art... the Orange County Chopper guys don't make gas tanks and fenders the way Jesse James does, they rely on machines and very little handwork; Jesse James is the real deal when it comes to custom bikes...

I'd hang out with Jesse James, Kid Rock can stay home.

^^^^^ +1

Not a big fan - although there are a couple of songs that I like. Saw him at the EMP opening here in Seattle and he did just that. Not even strapping on a guitar but playing from the front, kind of like Steve Vai does live (although with none of the virtuosity.) He is fair to middling - but is fair to middling with a few instruments.

but remember it truly pales in comparison with number of losers who didn't make it, are working crap jobs and living crap lives.

That's what I'm saying!
I could have been that guy! Either one of them. I was making gas tanks in High school, I was playing a little Base...I was drinking a LOT....and smoking a little....Why the hell didn't' I pursue that? As it is now, I still have the crap job...and the crap life....and none of the skills that I had or any of they fun they are having.

As for Jesse James and his old world Skillz...don't get me wrong...he deserves everything he has for sure. I'd take a West Coast Chopper over a OCC Bike ANY day! and Jesse is THE MAN for having created all that he has, but come on...he's managed to F**K up everything else in his life....all he is good at is Fabrication.

I'd like to meet Jesse James. I want to shake the hand of the man who's tapping Sandra Bullock. Pamela Anderson.... not so much...

That's what I'm saying!
I could have been that guy! Either one of them. I was making gas tanks in High school, I was playing a little Base...I was drinking a LOT....and smoking a little....Why the hell didn't' I pursue that? As it is now, I still have the crap job...and the crap life....and none of the skills that I had or any of they fun they are having.

As for Jesse James and his old world Skillz...don't get me wrong...he deserves everything he has for sure. I'd take a West Coast Chopper over a OCC Bike ANY day! and Jesse is THE MAN for having created all that he has, but come on...he's managed to F**K up everything else in his life....all he is good at is Fabrication.

My point was that it's truly exceptional to get lucky and end up with lifestyles like Kid Rock or Jesses James. While that music or those bikes aren't really my thing, I acknowledge that they both are talented and not hacks. Still, I know there are more talented musicians and mechanics/fabricators out there who are struggling to pay rent on their crappy effieciency apartments. Jesse James grew up stealing cars and skirting the law. Most people who do that don't end up with their own TV show and banging Sandra Bullock. Most end up in prison and end up as that old guy bagging groceries. I'm sure he worked hard to bring his life back round, but also extremely lucky and with his poor life management skills, he'd probably be in the gutter if it wasn't for Discovery take his biz and celeb status to incredible heights.

You can ***** about not getting as lucky in life as Jesse James, but to say you could have been him is cheating yourself. A flip through your profile reveals you've done great for yourself: "married UP", two cute kids, living it up in Colorado (I don't know how much that says but everyone I've met from there was pretty well off) and you brew lots of great beer! :tank:

I'd like to meet Jesse James. I want to shake the hand of the man who's tapping Sandra Bullock. Pamela Anderson.... not so much...

Yeah, I HATE Jesse James, he stole her from me, she was mine all mine, she and I were going to be married, now if only she knew about it.
I used to LOVE Sandra, now she is just tainted water.
Damn, I need to make a lot of money so I could have some hot chick........

who am I kidding, it still wouldnt happen.

Kid Rock is nothing but white trash. No thanks.

I had a redneck roommate once. That was enough for me.

Ya know....Sandra Bullock's house is only like 10min from my parents...I'm just sayin' Sherpa :D

Wow. After reading about it here, I just heard his new song for the first time. I didn't expect the ENTIRE thing to be "sampled." I understand the Skynyrd reference, and his nod to southern rock is to be expected, but what does the Zevon tune have to do with summer? He took a couple of my favorite classics and mutilated them. I enjoy a little white trash rock from time to time, even from Kid Rock, but that song stinks. Next, he'll be telling us, "no, the intro has TWO rimshots that go 'da-daht', not 'daht-da' - it's an original lick!" a la Vanilla Ice.

it's an original lick!" a la Vanilla Ice.
WOW...Under Pressure...haven't heard that song in like forever!
I don't think Kid Rock has any intent of claiming it as orig! He is touring with Skynyrd ! I guess it's more of a trailer trash tribute to the Red Neck Anthem!

rockrebels.jpg

Check That Out...>REV RUN...From Run D MC! W00t!

The Kid Rock Envy Continues...and is actually a bit exacerbated by a bit of Beer, then Apfelwein...Then Crown.

Back