ECY34 "Dirty Dozen"--now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done a few brews with dirty dozen recently and in each case it fermented out within 2 weeks to its terminal gravity. I did create starters that I stepped up multiple times. My vials were at least 6 months old before making a starter out of them. So a healthy pitch can easily take it down below 1.010 in a week.

Sounds awesome. I have a vial I need to use soon.

I second L2B's support and customer service. I had a vial that never took off and they fully sent me a new one. Great folks.

I quick soured a 1.042 wort 60/40 pale and wheat with lacto brevis and after three days pitched the dirty dozen blend. This kicked up in under 12 hours and fermentation appears done in just 3-4 days. 2 weeks after pitching the dirty dozen brett I plan on adding a tart montmorency concentrate from kingorchards. 16 oz concentrate is roughly ten pounds of cherries, I'm planning on 20 oz into this and letting that sit two weeks. Should be ready to keg then so about a month on this total. Quick and dirty kriek anyone? Hope it comes out well, previous quick sours have been great (especially a recent one with 15 lbs nectarines). Higher gravity then my berliners and with the bugs eating the cherry sugars I'm hoping the dirty dozen adds a nice character to my quick souring method.

Anyone have any thoughts on my method? I'm just hoping I get something different out of this.

Howd the cherry concentrate kriek turn out?

Back