First-time brewer: possible yeast problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajeismont

Reaction score
Good morning. I started my first home brew on the day after Christmas. It was around midnight of 12/27 that I pitched the yeast. I'm worried that I didn't aggitate it enough, and some of it got stuck at the top part of the carboy. I've got krausen and I've got some action in the carboy right now (I can see it bubbling), but I haven't had any overflow yet, and I can see some dark brown on the bottle above the krausen.

I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. Do I let it just keep working on the yeast that's in contact with? Can I reaggitate everything in the carboy? Do I need to repitch? Thanks for your help. Oh, and I'm using the amber ale kit if that makes any difference. Thanks.

-Andrew

Do nothing. Your yeast are happily munching away and would prefer not to be disturbed. Keep them at the right temp range for your yeast and keep them in the dark and they will get the job done. Check back in 7-10 days with your hydro in hand.

Congratulations, you are making beer. Now just keep the temps stable and otherwise leave it alone. The yeast will take care of everything! :rockin:

Back