Margaritas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycling-obsession

Reaction score
5 cans Limeade (make sure it has no potassium sorbate)
3 cans Lemonade
1/2 lbs Extra light DME
2 Lbs raw sugar
Combine and boil for 5 minutes to sanitize. I usually do this on a day im racking a beer and just pitch onto the yeast cake.

after 9-14 days (it gets stronger by the day) pitch Potassium sorbate in to kill the yeast and wait for 24 hours or so then keg onto 24 oz of agave nectar. As far as I can tell you could bottle it the yeast seams to live for a little while after the potassium hits it but I've never tried. It doesn't last long in the kegs so I don't bother.

This makes a great lemonade too just use all lemonade and honey instead of agave.

must try this beautiful sounding drink think i will give it a try next weekend. what was your alchohol content?

also do you bring your water to a boil before you add the DME? and do you boil the juices after you make them or do water DME 1st?

Any Archer fans in this thread?

“Sour mix in a margarita? What is this? Auschwitz? Five ingredients. Tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, ice, kosher salt. Oh and sorry about the Auschwitz crack. That’s… that’s not like me. I’ve been under a lot of stress lately.”

“I’m not Jewish.”

“Did I ask for your life story?”

Sorry man, I couldn't resist. I love that show. Back to the recipe, which looks very interesting, by the way. You said that it doesn't matter what type of yeast it sits on?

Five ingredients?!?!?!

Try 3:

Lime juice
Simple sugar
Tequila of choice(recommend herrodura reposado)

Kosher salt on the rim but that's not a real ingredient :/

I like my margaritas. This sounds very interesting nonetheless.

What size cans are you using? And is there a need for some yeast enzyme to help this along?

NO no no.

1/3 lime juice, fresh, nice sour limes; 1/3 Cointreau or Triple Sec; 1/3 silver tequila- blend with ice.

Or 1/4 lime juice 1/4 triple sec / Cointreau; 1/2 silver tequila on the rocks.

Salt optional (I think it overpowers the tequila and don't do it).

But the recipe sounds very nice, I love Skeeter Pee.

Back