Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First image is a wildflower spiced mead (Vanilla). Came out nice and clear, but an unfortunate shade of piss. Fermented completely dry, and it needs some sweetening. It isn't bad dry, but its not particularly enjoyable either. I hope I can keep the clarity after making even a small honey addition.

Second is my Blackberry Braggot (pitched this morning, and its foaming away). High hopes.

20141222_182012.jpg

20141222_212304.jpg

My first batch, its in secondary.
I took a simple "traditional" nordic recipe... and tweaked it to my liking... it is already delicious and I couldn't wait to put together the label. (found the odin pic on google)

IMG_2092.jpg

odin STACHE.jpg

odin STACH 1.jpg

My first batch of mead in a long, long time, (Made some prickly pear mead back in the 90's.) started it around Thanksgiving. Just waiting on it clarifying now, hope to use it for this year's Thanksgiving and Christmas toasts.

Oh, and yes, I really do need a dedicated area for this, right now I'm using the broom closet in the laundry room to store everything.

DSC_0034.jpg

Nice labels.

And don't you just love how slick the shrink tops make the bottles look?

A dry mead (10lb honey, 4G water) and a medium sweet mead (15lb honey, 4G water). Straight up honey and water using EC-1118, finishing at 9.4% and 11.3%. The med-sweet is way too sweet for my taste buds, but it is what it is.

I basically did a bulk bottling of this, putting it in large wine bottles - with the intent of moving it to more realistically-sized bottles for a typical drinking session or gifts. Does someone have any suggestions for some neat-looking (and relatively inexpensive) bottles that are 375ml or less?

r20141207_132036.jpg

A dry mead (10lb honey, 4G water) and a medium sweet mead (15lb honey, 4G water). Straight up honey and water using EC-1118, finishing at 9.4% and 11.3%. The med-sweet is way too sweet for my taste buds, but it is what it is.

I basically did a bulk bottling of this, putting it in large wine bottles - with the intent of moving it to more realistically-sized bottles for a typical drinking session or gifts. Does someone have any suggestions for some neat-looking (and relatively inexpensive) bottles that are 375ml or less?

View attachment 246592

Look here.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f30/show-us-your-mead-photo-294571/index136.html#post6565195

Link to where he purchased those bottles.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/corkedbottlesmi.aspx

A Dry Light Mead I made last summer for my friend's Dec birthday. He shared it with some friends recently (bottled 08/28/14, opened 01/17/15) and the only tasting notes I received were "Dry". I only used 2lbs/gal for this one and didn't think there would be enough sugar left over after bottling to carbonate, but there they are...

IMAG1961.jpg

So is a morat just a regular mead racked onto mulberries? Haven't heard the term morat before so just curious.

The term refers to a mead made with mulberries, basically the mulberry version of cyser or pyment. It doesn't seem to be a very common style, but it's definitely one I'm experimenting with. In the spirit of this thread, here's a pic of a sample from my recently racked red plum morat:

dqvtPr5.jpg

this is my first and only one so far. but more will be in my future. this is a cyser with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg.

IMG_0136.jpg

This was my first batch of mead in a long while. (Used to make prickly pear mead, back around 2001.) Going to be the toast this coming Thanksgiving.

The wine bottles are for family use, the smaller bottles for gifting. No, it's not cloudy, the bottles are frosted.

DSC_0069.jpg

Buckwheat honey mead from February 2014, nearly a year old. Honey was sourced in the UK and I used d-47 yeast.

Edit: not sure how to get it the right way up. : /

image.jpg

This is my kitchen-sink One-Gallon Braggocyser. It's in secondary now, about five weeks old. Taste is promising, but it's still very young.

mead5.jpg

My raspberry Melomel first racking last Friday. It is a little over four weeks old. Tastes a little raw but not bad and I can taste the raspberry!

raspberry-65138.jpg

My raspberry Melomel first racking last Friday. It is a little over four weeks old. Tastes a little raw but not bad and I can taste the raspberry!

raspberry-65138.jpg

What was your recipe? I have about 20 oz of frozen raspberries and was looking to do a mead with them.

Raw wildflower honey mead fermented with Vigo Cider Yeast, roughly 11% potential alcohol.

image.jpg

What was your recipe? I have about 20 oz of frozen raspberries and was looking to do a mead with them.

Just so you know, I am far from an expert on mead making so take this recipe with a grain of salt.

3 LBS Honey from Ambrosia Honey in Colorado
1 12oz. package of frozen raspberries crushed in the bag then thawed
Filtered tap water to bring to one gallon
1.5g LALVIN 71B-1122 yeast
1g GoFerm added to the water used to rehydrate the yeast
Nutrient Mixture
4g Fermaid K
8g DAP
1/2g of nutrient mixture added every other day. I did three additions.
Degassed once a day for 6 days.
rasp-mead-65186.jpg

Just so you know, I am far from an expert on mead making so take this recipe with a grain of salt.

3 LBS Honey from Ambrosia Honey in Colorado
1 12oz. package of frozen raspberries crushed in the bag then thawed
Filtered tap water to bring to one gallon
1.5g LALVIN 71B-1122 yeast
1g GoFerm added to the water used to rehydrate the yeast
Nutrient Mixture
4g Fermaid K
8g DAP
1/2g of nutrient mixture added every other day. I did three additions.
Degassed once a day for 6 days.

From my limited experience, looks like a worthy recipe to me. I'll give it a go.

Latest posts

Back