Stainless Fruit Press

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlelord

Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions on this press? It's Italian made and sold at williams...http://www.williamsbrewing.com/180-OZ-STAINLESSALUMINUM-FRUIT-PRESS-P1326.aspx

having never used a fruit press before i have no idea if this is adequate for my needs. i'd like to do 5 gallon batches of cider/apfelwein this fall...

J30.jpg

fyi... i'm mostly curious about the size of this press. i know the fruit has to be crushed first etc... thanks!

You can make 5 gallons of cider using a blender if you want. Like all things you just need some time, and a press will increase your juice yield too. It will be fine :)

That sort of press isn't very practical. the yield from basket presses isn't very good, and being so small it would be very slow to do a good quantity. You would be better to buy a tool press off ebay or build a wooden press yourself (there are a few threads on this forum about building a press, or google). There is also the problem of a mill/scratter to turn the apples into pulp before pressing. If you can get a good mill and press setup you can have years of fun, experimenting with different apple cultivars/crabapples, even planting some trees. Don't waste your money on a little toy press like that.

I have a 3.2gal hydraulic press from http://store.homebrewheaven.com/mobile/storefront.aspx and it is ideal for me (physically disabled with neck and back issues). Small enough that I can do everything on my own. Last year, to 'help me' without my knowledge, my son put plywood sheet on driveway, clean/sanitized tarp/liner on bottom and folded over the top and sides to make a package, cover with more plywood and drive over the covered apples with the riding mower a few times. Pick up tarp edges and into crusher it goes. Was awesome. Uncoventional as all get out, but it worked!! I have no idea how many apples or what kind they were but I had 8 gallons of cider by the time all was said and done.

Dear Sir,
I am interested in stainless steel fruit press (15 Gallon) and want to know for quotation.
Unfortunately I do not think you will ever find a 15-gal SS press for home use anyway, perhaps commercial.

Back