Bacon Explosion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howabouttheiris

Reaction score
Never noticed the smoking forum down here.....

Here is a bacon explosion that I did a few months back.

Mmmmm bacon.

be1.jpg

be2.jpg

be3.jpg

be4.jpg

ready to smoke ...

be5.jpg

the smoker ...

smoker.jpg

finished product...

be6.jpg

That looks fantastic. How long and at what temp do you smoke at? I've wanted to start smoking for a while, but like everything worth while, it takes time and with all the other things I do, time is sometimes hard to find

I have done fatties before and honestly didn't think it was that great. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not anything great. On the other hand, ABTs are amazing and I make them all time.

Whats an ABT?

Atomic buffalo turds. There are a few threads on here about them and tons and tons all over the internet. Essencially, they are just a jalapeno popper wrapped in bacon but there are endless possibilities that can be done with them. I like putting cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and some pulled pork in them and then wrap it in bacon.

How long and at what temp do you smoke at?

Don't remember exactly.... somewhere in the 190F range for about 5-6 hours. It was taken off about 3-4 hours before the brisket was ready. I started it at the same time so it would be ready as an app'er. Due to it's low density, it cooks pretty quick and really takes in the smoke really well.

Whenever I do most apps like a fatty or ABTs I just cook them at whatever temp the smoker is at. I only do them when I am cooking something else and the temp isn't important at all for them. Just cook til done at whatever temp.

Back