propane burner clearance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centralpabrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am working on my single tier brewstand. Does anyone know a good clearance distance from the top of the burner to the bottom of the kettle. I am using the Bayou Classic BG10 High Pressure cast iron style burner. Is 4.5 inches too much? I am planning on make a wind shroud also.

thanks

Well I've got an SQ-14 and it's clearance is just about 3", not familiar with the BG10 but if it's output is more than the SQ-14 then 4.5 may do it. I am thinking 4" myself though but I would need to see it!

Brew on!

Is it possible to make your supporting brackets with verticle slots instead of a single hole for the burner screws?

That way you can adjust the burner height to an optimal distance instead of having them perminately fixed.

Is it possible to make your supporting brackets with verticle slots instead of a single hole for the burner screws?

That way you can adjust the burner height to an optimal distance instead of having them perminately fixed.

Yes either use a plasma cutter or drill a hole top and bottom and cutoff wheel the straight portoins to create the slots

Latest posts

Back