Perfect... It's Raining..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieT

Reaction score
Got up early this morning and started the Great Pumpkin Ale (10 gallons worth)..

Just started the mash and it has commenced to pouring down rain.. I run my brew rig in the garage so no problems with the mash (unless I lose power), but I usually boil on the driveway..

Guess I'll be heating up the garage...

Be carefull of Carbon monoxide if you are using propane, keep that door open.

Ohh yeah.. Door stays open.. Wouldnt be able to stand the heat otherwise.. Do appreciate the heads up though!

I do not miss the heat of Houston good luck with your brew. Clear and sunny here in Michigan wish I was brewing but I did that last weekend.

JamieT,

How did it all turn out?

I cleaned kegs and bottled beer for the Dixie Cup in Houston so all is good in the world :)

The rain does lend a nice relaxed air to the weekend. No yard work to be done so I could focus on the beer.

All came out well.. Came in at 078 instead of 080 but outside of that I'm pretty happy with the wort profile.. Tasted just like pumpkin pie! Pitched a few hours ago and expect to see a nice krausen tomorrow when I get home from work.. I'm sure I'm gonna loose more of this beer than I wanted to to trub, there's a solid 4" of pumpkin crap in the bottom of each carboy..

I brewed an Irish red in the rain (well sprinkle) a while back. I brew outdorrs, but figured, it rains in Ireland so whatever. Turned out great!

Back