Will this be safe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeeGeeBee

Reaction score
I have a burner similar to this one

I just got the 40qt pot from Palm. The diameter of the bottom is greater than the diameter of the prongs. The pot rests on the prongs that are attached to the vent/bowl that houses the burner. My concern is all that weight will be distributed at those 6 points of contact (the prongs) on my new aluminum pot at high heat (hopefully).

The quick thing to do would be to remove the prongs and let it rest on the rim of the bowl/burner housing. Any thoughts that might help prevent boiling my legs?

I would definitely remove the prongs. I can't see them holding a full pot without collapsing. You could try bending them outward just enough that the pot sits on the rim and the prongs. Don't know if it worth the hassle.

Those prongs are to keep the pot from sliding around. But that is assuming you use the pot shown in that picture. If you have a larger pot, just saw or dremel off those upright prongs and it will work fine. The uprights aren't intented to bear a load, so no problem if you take them off.

Those prongs are to keep the pot from sliding around. But that is assuming you use the pot shown in that picture. If you have a larger pot, just saw or dremel off those upright prongs and it will work fine. The uprights aren't intented to bear a load, so no problem if you take them off.

good idea. thanks.

don't cut them off......

I have this same burner for my HLT, what I did was I heated them with a mapp gas torch and using a pipe I bent them out flat. Now my 15 gallon kettle will sit on there just fine. It will also give you a bigger base.
If you heat them at the bend point to being RED they will bend easily and not break off.

MVC-778S.JPG

MVC-774S.JPG

Latest posts

Back