Stuck pump? During Recirc, whirlpool, and transfer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my March pump high flow. Regardless if I'm whirlpooling, transferring to a carboy, or recirculating, it seems like the fluid is having trouble exiting the the bottom of the kettle. I'm not sure why this is... there does not appear to be a clog (very little trub at this point), but rather a pressure issue of some sort, and I'm not sure how to equalize it... anyone overcome this issue?? How?

Do you have any pictures of your setup? It's hard to guess what is going wrong without having a better idea about what your system's layout is. More description would help, but pictures would be worth more than a lot of words.

Do you have any pictures of your setup? It's hard to guess what is going wrong without having a better idea about what your system's layout is. More description would help, but pictures would be worth more than a lot of words.

Will photo shoot in the morning

I can't tell from this how the pump is hooked up when you have the problem. Maybe some pictures of the setup as it is in action when the problem occurs? Some more description of the issue might help too. How long have you had the pump? How does it do on free flow? I often run mine with sanitizer before doing anything else with it, just flowing in and out of the sanitizer bucket. I remain impressed and annoyed at how a bubble will take all the pressure out of March pumps.

When are you having the flow issue? Is it directly after you end the boil? Sometimes the wort can still be boiling in the lines causing the pump to have air inside the pump head. This would definitely cause flow rate issues.

where are your pumps located? If too low on the set up they may be collecting air..raise the pump up closer to your kettles.

Latest posts

Back