22oz Bomber vs 12oz Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busta98

Reaction score
So I'm making a weizenbock and was curious about bottling. Is it true that 22oz bombers take a little longer to carbonate? If so, whats the logic behind it? It seems if you're using a priming solution you will have the same ratio of yeast to sugar if you added the solution into the bottling bucket before bottling. Why would 22oz'ers take longer?

I've read that it's related to headspace / beer ratio, but I don't know anything beyond that. With that out of the way, I wish someone made a 32 or 40 oz pry off bottle.

So I'm making a weizenbock and was curious about bottling. Is it true that 22oz bombers take a little longer to carbonate? If so, whats the logic behind it? It seems if you're using a priming solution you will have the same ratio of yeast to sugar if you added the solution into the bottling bucket before bottling. Why would 22oz'ers take longer?

I've read that it's related to headspace / beer ratio, but I don't know anything beyond that. With that out of the way, I wish someone made a 32 or 40 oz pry off bottle.

You could always hobo chug a bunch of 40's and save the bottles...brown paper bags are optional!:ban:

Before kegging I only bottled in 1L e-z cap bottles. I have 48 of them and always liked that cleaning was minimized to 18-20 bottles per 5 gallon. I have never in 30+ batches before kegging, had a carb issue. They always carbed up in about 1 week and were ready to go in 2.

hope this helps :)

goose

I bottle half my batches in 22s and the other half goes in 12oz bottle. Both seem to carb in the same amount of time.

You're not looking in the right section of the store. You can get e.g. Tecate 40oz bottles that are pry-off.

Latest posts

Back