• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York Keggle + false bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikrocks

Reaction score
I upgraded to a 20 gallon MLT, so I'm selling my keggle. It's got 4 welded 1/2" couplings, a thermometer, a homemade copper diptube, and a 15" hinged Jaybird false bottom. It served me well for ~2 years. I'd like to get $150 and I don't want to ship. I'm in Ithaca, NY.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Would you part with the false bottom?

I would need it shipped to 80237. I could send you a shipping label to make it easier for you. Just let me know.

I'm going to leave it up here as one unit until Friday. If it doesn't sell by then, I'll be more tempted to take the false bottom ($70+shipping) down to the post office and stick it in the mail on Saturday morning.

I know you don't want to ship but any chance you could be convinced? From what I understand UPS offers decent shipping rates, and lets face it that keg is pretty stout. I live in NC on the coast, I need a third keg for my setup plus a false bottom. PM me with suggestions. A buddy is heading to Philly in two weeks if that helps.

Thanks
Corey

I know you don't want to ship but any chance you could be convinced? From what I understand UPS offers decent shipping rates, and lets face it that keg is pretty stout. I live in NC on the coast, I need a third keg for my setup plus a false bottom. PM me with suggestions. A buddy is heading to Philly in two weeks if that helps.

Thanks
Corey

No way to ship a keg cheap. Shipping would be around $80. Fyi. I looked into it!

dallasdb said:
No way to ship a keg cheap. Shipping would be around $80. Fyi. I looked into it!

Funny, ups ground ships it from NY to NC for 50.00

I shipped 2 kegs across the country for $16 each using usps. They were the 50L euro kegs...but that makes them only slightly smaller... no wrapping or anything. You can just send the keg as is & throw any fittings and the false bottom in a flat rate box. I would check it out.

I shipped 2 kegs across the country for $16 each using usps. They were the 50L euro kegs...but that makes them only slightly smaller... no wrapping or anything. You can just send the keg as is & throw any fittings and the false bottom in a flat rate box. I would check it out.

How did you get away with that?

Try punching in the dimensions, not just the weight, and the price quadruples.

Let me know tomorrow. If Oldbucket is a no, On Saturday I'l take the keg to USPS and find out home much it will cost to ship.

Let us know what USPS estimates shipping to be. Unless I was shipping to some crazy zip code I don't know why their online calculator was so off.

A couple months ago I tried to ship a fat 1/4 barrel to Golddiggie in Nashua, NH and I couldn't find any option under $35 and that is half the height of this.

Glws and sorry for bringing the thread off topic. But hey it gets bumped up for ya!

Update: I didin't make it to the post office today. Sorry to let people down, but this is the reason I didn't want to ship in the first place. I'll try to get there during the week and I'll update you all when I do.

Good news: It costs $37 to ship the keggle USPS to Texas without a box.

Bad news: my postal worker doesn't think it's legal because the keg says "Anheuser Busch" on it.

Back