Drive By Truckers are the greatest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baron von BeeGee said:
...the guitar southern rock band of all time! Too bad they're touring with the Black Crowes at the moment...not hitting the small clubs.

AMEN. Now you are talking music. Really good song writing too.

Chairman Cheyco said:
Guess I better check them out if my pastor says so.

I assume you are joking, because if you are buying music on the word of some Bible thumper you must have a pretty sad music library. In which case, what do you think Pat Boone's greatest song is?

Brewpastor said:
I assume you are joking, because if you are buying music on the word of some Bible thumper you must have a pretty sad music library. In which case, what do you think Pat Boone's greatest song is?
I have to admit I left when he played the Gen. William C. Lee celebration in my hometown one year. I think Debby was there, too.

I've never heard of these guys but you have me intrigued...

Their website says they're touring with the Crowes AND Robert Randolph who is just flat out AMAZING....

Ize

Brewpastor said:

I repent! Not just some Bible thumper, a Bible thimper who has a glycol cooling system for his fermenters!

I saw Robert Randolph on the Clapton Festival DVD. He's a bit cheesy, but he plays the hell outta that slide!

First time I saw him was on the Grammys a couple of years ago... I was wondering what the heck that was??? The grammys actually had a good performance on stage for a change??? Very impressive with the slide...

Ize

On topic!:
B000E97X6G.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Dude....I think I still have one of the disks from a double album.

Funny thing is, my really doesn't do country or rock, but for some reason she dug these guys. She commandeered one of the disks. I've still got the other, somewhere. I liked them well enough, didn't listen to them much. I think they're one of those bands who would really grow on me the more I listened to them.

Chairman Cheyco said:
I saw Robert Randolph on the Clapton Festival DVD. He's a bit cheesy, but he plays the hell outta that slide!
:off:
If you couldn't be alive to hear Hendrix play Purple Haze, Robert Randolph's version is the next best thing!:rockin:
Caught him on the Campus Invasion Tour at Elizabethtown Univeristy, PA, took SWMBO to see O.A.R., He made it worth sitting though.

Back