• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Barley Crusher grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonGrafto

Reaction score
I've been looking around for quite some time and I always seem to miss out in the classified sections. So I am putting this up to see if anyone bites.

I am looking to start purchasing grain in bulk and wanted to mill my own grain, hence the request for a Barley Crusher OR equivalent. Not looking to spend tons of money, just something to get me by.

No thanks on the Corona type mills. I'm looking for something I can attach my drill to. I would say that on average, I will be running no more than a couple hundred lbs per year (Maybe 15 batches per year)

Guy in my club....added a drill to his corona mill and built a custom hopper ...it was pretty cool.....just saying....I personally don't like my barley crusher...saving up for a monster mill

There's nothing stopping you from attaching a drill to the corona mill. I did it with mine. If that's all thats forcing you to think of upgrading mills, then just head to HD/Lowes and grab some threaded rod that's the same threads as the handle that fits in there. The drill chuck will grip the threads pretty easily. you can grind a couple flat spots if it helps too. One thing I think I've heard before is to put two nuts on the threaded rod so that it doesnt bottom out when you screw it into the mill. If it does, as you mill you'll keep tightening it to the point it'll be nearly impossible to remove if you ever wanted. FWIW I got my mill working pretty well just like this one: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/1308996-post144.html I just didn't get to the point of putting the water bottle on top. I just used the hopper inluded with the mill.

Latest posts

Back