Looking fir good beer in Bloomingtlon Mn. Any suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danarchy

Reaction score
Hope someone has a good suggestion. I'm in town for ten days and would love to experience the microbrewery scene. Any help would be appreciated.

Bloomington, Minnesota? Only thing I can think of is a nice Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA from Rehoboth, Delaware. I hope this helps.

Do you have access to transportation I.e your own car? If so there's the Fulton Brewery/ taproom in downtown Minneapolis. Northbound smokehouse and brewpub is closer to Bloomington. Also Indeed brewery is in NE Minneapolis. Or if your looking to just pick up a growler there's Vine Park brewing in St. Paul. If you got anymore questions let me know.

That's my hometown!! I moved to chicago for school, but I can tell you from going back there that there isn't a whole lot in terms of a craft beer scene in bloomington specifically. There's a few decent bars in the mall, but nothing spectacular. Fulton, summit and grainbelt are awesome... Everything worthwhile is in minneapolis/ st. paul. this list should help http://heavytable.com/minneapolis-st-paul-tap-room-directory/

while not exactly 'craft', zeke's off shakopee and 169 (right by my old house!) pours one hell of a grainbelt nordeast, a staple of mn debauchery. Enjoy your stay!! :mug: :tank:

There are tons of good beers in the area. Surly is what you want to make sure to hit early. If you have to stay in Bloomington, that is okay, they will sell it there. Drink Furious, Bender, really anything they make is great. I lived in the twin cities for two years and miss a lot of beers from that area but none more than Surly.

I actually have a Furious clone in primary right now. The color isn't right but I hope it still gets close!

Well if I was in town I would say my house!
But I'm not.

At any rate there are LOTS of breweries around since Minneapolis passes their new law allowing breweries to sell to the public on site. Some tap rooms even have live music on the weekends.

There are way too many to list here but I would recommend you to get the Brewery Map app (iPhone or Android) and will find probably 30 breweries or better in Mpls./St. Paul. Now you just need a lot of time and a driver!!

4 posts to say Surly????

Surly is truly one of the great breweries in the country. Town Hall is pretty good.

In all honesty I was gonna say Surly as its easily my favorite local beer. I just didn't know if he was looking for like a taproom/brewery experience.

A couple of people have mentioned Surly already, but I wanted to make a point that you need to get out to a bar in the area and try some Surly. Especially make a point to to give their IPA a try. It is Furious... In my opinion hands down the best beer made in this state and one of the best from around the country. In addition bender is good along all of the rest of there beers. We also have some other very good breweries in town. Summit makes some great products. If you can get to Minneapolis give Town Hall Brewery a try. They have great food and beer... you won't be disappointed.

ArrogantDusty said:
There are tons of good beers in the area. Surly is what you want to make sure to hit early. If you have to stay in Bloomington, that is okay, they will sell it there. Drink Furious, Bender, really anything they make is great. I lived in the twin cities for two years and miss a lot of beers from that area but none more than Surly.

I actually have a Furious clone in primary right now. The color isn't right but I hope it still gets close!

I will definitely try Surly this weekend. Anyone know about the tasting at Wooley's this Thursday?

Latest posts

Back