Drinking my 5gal first brew for the first time tonight!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klay23

Reaction score
2 weeks in primary/secondary, 1 week in keg, not too bad considering. A little lite on the carbonation but fairly close to the fat tire it was supposed to be cloned after. :mug:

Thanks for all the help, some of the tips I've read here will help on the next brews for sure. Never realized how fermentation and steeping temps were so important. But I'm learning, and I can drink my first brew and my wife is also. I think she's a little nuts causes she's been my guinea pig tester all along, even the samples. Haha. Next brew soon will be for her though. ;)

my swmbo tastes with me first and last hydrometer samples as well as thefirst glass off the keg. congrats on the good first brew!

Haha, not sure if it's good, but not bad. But it's drinkable. Gotta get some more tasters soon. :fro:

Congratulations amigo! my first brew is being bottled tomorrow! can't wait. Only crapper is that I have to wait 3 more weeks to drink it! AGH! :p but I'll most likely pull them out for the superbowl anyways, especially for when the Patriots win it :)

I need a good size fridge for the man cave. I'm getting tired of only being able to fridge a 12 pack of 2 ales at a time. Like to fridge them all & not touch the 1st till 2 weeks. They'd then just keep getting better.

I need a good size fridge for the man cave. I'm getting tired of only being able to fridge a 12 pack of 2 ales at a time. Like to fridge them all & not touch the 1st till 2 weeks. They'd then just keep getting better.

Try Craigslist if you don't mind it being used...

Maybe at tax time. A good size fridge with little or no freezer would be ideal. Then no more waiting several times for the next bunch of bottles to fridge long enough!:ban:

Back