First 5gal Brew Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova5

Reaction score
Brewing the Pecan Porter I got from AHS.
Soaking Grains
2011-01-29134944.jpg

Boiling its little blessed heart away.. Early on.

2011-01-29145157.jpg

And a video of beauty in action...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v230/nova5/Beer/?action=view&current=video-2011-01-29-14-58-32.mp4

More to come. 45 mins left in boil.

congrats man!! I just finished up with an AHS Double Chocolate Stout, got it all put into the primary, and down in the basement, now its time to brew an AHS Franziskaner Heffe copy. Isnt it a blast???

no, it doesnt matter if they are in there or not. most prefer to leave them in. I actually filter then out, just so I dont have to worry about it later on. But no harm no foul my friend.

Most excellent. I'll have to use a autosiphon to move the beer out, when i took the sample to read the OG (would have lost the hydro to the bottle had i done it in there.) I forgot to twist the pickup tube away from the bottom.... sucked hops right into the pickup. Ahhwell. Live and learn! Plus its a non-issue mistake.

Looks like the Blowoff was a wise idea...
2011-01-30154348.jpg

Seen to many pics of airlock cannons to not use one. Couldn't get a clear tubing that fit and was flexible enough for my liking, so I fashioned one up out of sink drain parts.

It looks like you have the fermenter in a refrigerator. If the refrigerator works, next time cool the fermenting beer down a bit and you will get a slower ferment and better flavor. My dishwater blonde ale is fermenting at 63 degrees and I won't need a blowoff tube. The airlock is releasing a bubble about every 3 seconds.

Back