Oaking an arrogant bastard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I am going to make an arrogant bastard clone that I would like to oak in an effort to make the oaked arrogant bastard. Does anyone have any thoughts on what type of oak I should try? There are many to choose from on Austinehomebrew's website.

There's a ton of good info on oaking your beers already on here, I found a bunch a few weeks back when I was looking for the info...Just search for "oak" and you'll find it.

:mug:

I searched and believe it or not nothing comes up. I have used oak before, I'm just curious if anyone knows what type of oak Stone uses for the oaked bastard, I couldn't find anything on their website. I think I might use american medium toasted oak cubes.

I searched and believe it or not nothing comes up. I have used oak before, I'm just curious if anyone knows what type of oak Stone uses for the oaked bastard, I couldn't find anything on their website. I think I might use american medium toasted oak cubes.

I don't have any direct experience oaking any beers; however, I can tell you that American medium toast is a very pungent variety, if you've never used it before.

Back