Blind landing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing story !!!

Can't let wife see that, she hates to fly as it is.........

He was not completely blind... his vision was pretty degraded though. On the recordings you can hear him talking to the military pilots and he sayes he has the runway in sight. I dunno, pretty amazing though. Id just couple up the ILS and let the thing autoland!

Keg2- Oktoberfest (On tap)
Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

Id just couple up the ILS and let the thing autoland!
Wait, those things can land themselves?:confused: As someone who flies frequently (and badly) I don't like the thought of that. I want a human in control of those things.

Great, something else to think about when I fly.:(

Wait, those things can land themselves?:confused: As someone who flies frequently (and badly) I don't like the thought of that. I want a human in control of those things.

Great, something else to think about when I fly.:(

Don't worry. They only use the autolanding system when they have more to drink than usual. ;)

I am taking a load of un-suspecting passengers to LGA tomorrow afternoon! HE HE HE HE!

Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

Don't worry. They only use the autolanding system when they have more to drink than usual. ;)

Seriously. Some of the most insane parties I've been to was when I was in flight school and the local corporate pilots would get something going. Funny thing was, was most of these shindigs were held in a hangar on the field. These guys really taught me how to drink. From what I remember...

Nope, they are all about 3 degrees, like all others. There is a highway visual approach that demands some steep turns to the runway which can be unsettling, but other than that they are all 3 degree slopes.

Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

I'll pray for them.:)

I have often wondered this from flying into LGA a number of times: are the approaches stepper than normal? They sure seem that way.

Have you ever flown into Lindy in San Diego? The landing gear looks like it's going to touch the top of the buildings :)

Typically, unless you are in very mountainous terrain, approaches are about 3 degrees. When you find yourself in mountainous terrain, things can get a lot more interesting, but those approaches are almost all visuals as well.

Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

Have you ever flown into Lindy in San Diego? The landing gear looks like it's going to touch the top of the buildings :)
Never been. Only trip to SoCal was in 2005 for a basketball game at Pepperdine. Why every college student doesn't go there is beyond me. Loved Malibu, despised LA.

That trip ended with five days in Maui on the company dime, so it wasn't all bad.:)

Never been. Only trip to SoCal was in 2005 for a basketball game at Pepperdine. Why every college student doesn't go there is beyond me. Loved Malibu, despised LA.

That trip ended with five days in Maui on the company dime, so it wasn't all bad.:)

Pepperdine is a beautiful campus. Watched Wilt Chamberlain play in a volley ball tournament there.

Pepperdine is a beautiful campus. Watched Wilt Chamberlain play in a volley ball tournament there.
Just standing outside the basketball arena and looking at the Pacific was amazing. Of course, the arena was a glorified high school gym, but that's fine. I spend way too many nights in big arenas with bad music pounding my ears.

Back