An Imperial Double Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Stout recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slantedbolt

Reaction score
So I was working on this recipe and I am going to try a small batch of it, but below is the 5 gallon version.

Let me know what you think. It is an Imperial Double Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Stout.

14lb 2row US
1.75 lb Flaked oats
1.30 lb Black Patent Malt
1 lb Chocolate malt
1 lb Roasted Barley
.75 Lb Crystal Malt - 120L
2x White Labs WLP004 Irish Ale Yeast

3 OZ east Kent Goldings @ 60 minutes
1 OZ Willamette @ 1 minute

1 Lb Cocoa powder
Cherrys to secondary (not sure the amount yet)

Any suggestions or comments?

I don't think 1oz of Willamette at 1 min is going to be noticeable, especially with the strong roast character and other flavors you got going on. You may be better of dry hopping after its been bulk aged.

Personally I would just leave it out. There's a lot of other stuff going on in this beer.

Good luck!

I know this is a bit of an old post...I just happened to stumble across it now. How did this recipe work out for you? I have something kind of similar to this in my secondary right now...I'm anxious to see how it's going to come out. A bit nervous about it actually.

*bump* curious about the amount of cherries added and what type of flavor you got from then

Back