Newton's Fig Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjjohns5

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Wyeast French Saison (3711)
Yeast Starter
No
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
No
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 @ 80
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
8 @ 80
Tasting Notes
Incredible! One of the top 3 beers that I\'ve made! Everyone loves this brew!
Pureed 2 purchased packs (8 oz) of fresh figs in a blender. I put the puree into a muslin bag and let the wracked the saison onto the figs into my secondary. Let sit for 8 days, then I bottled.

This beer is fantasic. You get a subtle fig smell in the nose and the taste is all saison. 10.3% ABV.

Going to enter it into the Sunshine Brew Off in Orlando this week!

77% 10.0 lbs Pilsner (2 Row) Ger
12% 1.8 lbs Munich Malt - 20L
8% 1.0 lbs Corn Sugar (Dextrose)
4% 0.8 lbs Cara-Pils/Dextrine

SuperMoss @ 10 min

0.5 oz EKG (7.2%) @ FWH
0.5 oz Citra (13.4%) @ FWH

What was your mash temp/time? Oh, and are you sure they were fresh figs? Fresh figs would probably weigh more than that and dont come in packs?

Mashed @ 150 for 60 min. I bought the figs from whole foods, and they were advertised as fresh organic figs. It was one pack of black mission and one pack of brown turkey fig.

Scored a 37/50 in the fruit category. Not bad for such a subtle fruit like fig. Going up against stronger fruits is hard. Judges had nothing but great things to say about it.

Hello guys was wondering if u could help me turn this into a p.m. not really sure to go about it, in depth ingrediants would be very helpful as i have a tree of figs ready to be picked thanks for any input

You need it as a private message (pm)? The ingredients are as listed. It's Pilsner, Munich 20, Carapils, and Corn Sugar. Citra and EKG @FWH, and Figs in the secondary.

Haha no a partial mash, new to converting recipes need a lil direction without destroying recipe sorry bout my lack of info

Ah. I'd probably do something like this:

7 lbs Pilsen DME
1 lb Caramel 40
1 lb Carapils
1 lb Dextrose (Corn Sugar)

0.5 oz Citra @ 60

Back