Dual Body Regulator Position?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airmike

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm about to buy a 2 corny keg system with a dual body regulator so I can force carb and dispense at the same time. My only question is: Can I mount the regulator on the 5# c02 bottle so I can read the guages from the top rather than the side? Not only will this help in reading it, but it will also free up just enough head room so I don't have to put a collar on my keezer.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Not an issue. Just make sure it's tight. You don't really need a dual body though. I run three kegs on both of my kegerators. Each one is run from a single gauge and cylinder. I force carb one or two while having another on tap all the time.

If you're talking about carbing at 30psi and shaking, that's another story. I don't recommend that method anyways. Set it and forget it makes things soooo much easier.

Not an issue. Just make sure it's tight. You don't really need a dual body though. I run three kegs on both of my kegerators. Each one is run from a single gauge and cylinder. I force carb one or two while having another on tap all the time.

If you're talking about carbing at 30psi and shaking, that's another story. I don't recommend that method anyways. Set it and forget it makes things soooo much easier.

Thanks for the input! But I'm not sure I understand how you can force carb and dispense with just one regulator?:(

Hi guys,
I'm about to buy a 2 corny keg system with a dual body regulator so I can force carb and dispense at the same time. My only question is: Can I mount the regulator on the 5# c02 bottle so I can read the guages from the top rather than the side? Not only will this help in reading it, but it will also free up just enough head room so I don't have to put a collar on my keezer.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes. Before you tighten the nut to attach the regs to the tank, position the gauges so the face is up. The gauges will stick out to the right for example and the hoses will stick out to the left.

But, how do you vary the pressure between the kegs?

You don't. But with the "set it and forget it" force carb method, you shouldn't have to. 95% of the beer styles brewed are around the same carbonation level. If you're not overly concerned with your wheat not having a huge head, or your belgians not being highly carbonated, I say use the manifold and save some cash. In a homebrew setting, I could care less about the carbonation levels if the beer tastes good.

If you're not familiar with the "SIAFI" method, it's when you set your keg at whatever you're going to serve at (usually between 10-15psi depending on fridge temp) and you leave it alone for two weeks. Your beer will be perfectly carbonated in two weeks and you never have to adjust your regulator again until the keg is empty.

Latest posts

Back