Pie vs Cake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a tough one for me. While nothing is better than a piece of homemade blueberry pie (with locally grown blueberries and crumb topping), I would have a hard time chosing between that and a piece of chocolate cake with chocolate icing in a bowl with milk. (I know, it sounds crazy, but that's the way I like my cake!)

Although sometimes nothing beats a big slice of moist triple chocolate cake a la mode, pie is just so much more versatile. And for the record I consider cheesecake pie.

But then you have things, delicious things, like cheese "cake" and boston cream "pie". You can't make me choose.

edit: Parker, WTF?

If it is made in a pie pan, it is pie, if not, it is cake. Therefore:
Cheesecake = pie
Boston Creme Pie = Cake

That sound you just heard is your mind being blown.

Although sometimes nothing beats a big slice of moist triple chocolate cake a la mode, pie is just so much more versatile. And for the record I consider cheesecake pie.

I agree cheesecake is pie. My definition is if it has a crust and filling it is a pie. As for the poll, I choose both :).

If it is made in a pie pan, it is pie, if not, it is cake. Therefore:
Cheesecake = pie
Boston Creme Pie = Cake

That sound you just heard is your mind being blown.

No sh*t, my WTF was for stealing my idea and using your time-machine to post it just before me, making it appear to everyone else that you had it first.

I'm on to you, McFly...

pie all the way. especially cream cheese pie (you can call it cheesecake if you like but I hate to even add the word 'cake' to such a wonderful thing)

Flowerless Chocolate Cake

flowercakeLG.jpg

:confused:

ohhhhh, flourless...

CAKE!

The future MIL makes the best damn raspberry pie I've ever had, but nothing beats the versatility of cake! One layer, two, three, six? They can be as fancy or plain as you like and in sooooooo many flavors.

Unfortunately, dry pie crust and un-moist cake can both choke you to death. :drunk:

CAKE!

The future MIL makes the best damn raspberry pie I've ever had, but nothing beats the versatility of cake! One layer, two, three, six? They can be as fancy or plain as you like and in sooooooo many flavors.

You think cake is more versatile than pie? What are you smoking? Cakes come in two flavors: Chocolate and not chocolate.

I'm not smoking anything, it's in the cake, fool! :D

Pie is either fruit or no-fruit. Either way, it will be a mushy mess by tomorrow. :drunk:

Girls, jeesh. Why are they so into cake? My wife won't touch pie (hehe), which means more for me. It is pie season now. Yummmmmmy.
Pie over all. Not even close.

pies are most satisfying when thrown in someones face, cakes when eaten. so it depends on how you use them.

Girls, jeesh. Why are they so into cake? My wife won't touch pie (hehe), which means more for me. It is pie season now. Yummmmmmy.
Pie over all. Not even close.

Dunno but is fact. All that crisco sugary mess on top of a cake sets my gag factor off. Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I chose pie but it really depends on the type of pie. I'd much rather have birthday cake for my birthday than pie though.

The only edible pie is Steak and Kidney pie. I ain't voting for that fruity crap.. If it ain't got animal organs in it I ain't eating it. :(

The only edible pie is Steak and Kidney pie. I ain't voting for that fruity crap.. If it ain't got animal organs in it I ain't eating it. :(

This is why you will never fit in in America. I have a friend from England who spent his first Thanksgiving here last year. Would not stop giving us **** for pumpkin pie until after he tried it. He sings a different tune now.:mug:

Pecan pie, end of discussion. Although I do likes me some German chocolate cake! :cross:

Back